Help please and thank you

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rastabugs97, Jul 7, 2017.

1. What's going on with the leaves why are they already turning [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Is that mold and grass is that media?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Idk where the grass came from but no mold just a rock my girlfriend put in there idk why

4. Can you transplant it?

5. For what it's not root bound

6. Not sure what it's growing in but it doesn't look like good soil. Maybe someone else can weigh in here.

7. Have you checked the underside of your leaves with a scope to check for pest?

8. Yes the rips in my leaves were from me thinkin I could top to early also the burns are from the light bulb when I had halogen now I have cfl 100 watt 2500 lumens and run it 17 on and 7 off I used "premium top soil" and put the pellets you see in it because I was advised to on here so those pellets are somethin to help with nitrogen def problems the guy said I was having

9. That soil is all sorts of dried out. That poor thing needs some moisture. You should never let it get dry like that - the smallest root tips all die and need to regrow every time that happens. Your poor plant spends more energy regrowing root tips and cannibalizes the lower leaves to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scrape those pellets off too. I don't know what that is, but at this early stage at best it would only need 1/4 strength nutrients. Have you started nutrients yet aside from those pellets? If not, you'll need to decide which nutrients to use and get some.

For now, for the next couple of days only give it pH'd water. Are you using tap water and do you have a pH meter?

11. Thank you I didn't know I was told even tho it looks dry out on top to give it two three days to water it to make sure all the moisture is gone so how long should I go with watering

12. I'm really going to be persistent here and suggest that you check again for the russet help might.. they are extremely hard to detect and very quick moving and there isn't a lot of them like with spider mites or thrips.... they're very small Opaque little buggers..
    I say this with such a certainty because the symptoms your plants are displaying are so spot on to what my plants showed when I had the mites...
    In fact they are so small the only scope I was able to detect them under was a L ED 100 X

13. Idk where to get a ph meter from I'm very very new to this I was just tryin to grow some bud see what I can do and go from there so all the help matters and idk what to feed it as in nutes I got bag seed man and is all I can get cause I'm not in a legal state but ok I just need help with a lot of you can help that would be greatly appreciated

14. Holy crap this is the wrong post on writing in LOL... please ignore all my prior responses I'm an idiot

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. What do they look like and thank you I thought you were talkin about spider mites cause I got the 20 x magnifier glass but I'll be sure to get one

16. Whats up rasta. Thought you went and got different soil already? I was guna say if you can find ph test kits at pool and spa stores like the great escape. Could check your hardware gardening stores. And also jewelers loupes at the jewelry store. Do you have access to making online purchases. Can find the stuff alot cheaper

17. What is that you have it planted in? Its not good.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. You get out of this what you put into it.

Get yourself some actual good soil and transplant. If you don't your plant will never get better and will whither and die.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. What he said.

20. Gotchya - no worries. A whole lot of us have jumped into the deep end with all of our supplies and tech. No harm in starting a plant and seeing what you can do with it. Here's a great resource to spend a weekend digging through - Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis. Even on the cheap, you can grow some bud if you know the basics of what it needs.

As far as watering - it's been 35 years since my last soil grow - but there should always be SOME moisture. At the same time you need to be careful not to keep it too wet or the roots won't get O2 and they'll start to rot and die.

So, for now...

If you are using tap water... Let it sit out for 24 hours to off gas any chlorine. Water it a bit at a time until it soaks in well. Don't let it get so dry that it cracks or pulls away from the sides. You want to make sure that your water soaks all the way down through your pot and doesn't just run down the sides.

Also, read through that site to learn how to build the soil that you need to transplant into. If you have a hydro store, do yourself a favor and go there and buy some pre-mixed soil - your plant will love you for it. While you're there, get a smart pot to transplant into. They are super cheap and just look like felt sorta pots. I've even seen fabric grocery bags used. But these will keep your plant from getting root bound like a plastic pot by allowing the roots to air prune.

Once you get this little lady squared away, you're going to want to start to feed it. Again, good nutes designed for cannabis will pay big dividends. You can use other fertilizers if you know exactly what your plant needs - but it easier to just get the right stuff.

Water - soil - transplant - nutrients. Those are your priorities for this little plant. Then you can think about the deep end.

• Agree Agree x 1