Help please, advice needed, towards the end of flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pilazinit3, Nov 1, 2018.

1. So I'm nearing the end and the usual yellowing has occurred. Checked on her tonight and almost all the sugar leaves are yellow and she's leaning like a drunk lol. Checked the trichs with a 30x loupe (I know I need a better one lol) and I see a mix of cloudy and clear, maybe a few amber but idk it's hard to tell.

I flipped to hps roughly 8 weeks ago after 4 - 5 weeks of veg with the mh. Been using straight water for a couple weeks as I was getting close. Anyone have any advice? Do the trichs continue to ripen after chop?

20181101_001125.jpg 20181101_001129.jpg 20181101_001142.jpg 20181101_001930.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. For what it's worth I didn't want to have it be couchlock so I was going to harvest a little sooner than usual

3. Most of the hairs still look white and fairly straight. I wonder if u started plain water to soon causing leaves to yellow sooner... from what u said about trichomes sounds like u still have a couple weeks atleast. Just a guess tho

4. I feel like yeah I might've fucked up by starting plain water too soon unfortunately.

Just wondering what options I have. I read that a 50/50 clear to cloudy mix produces a nice energetic high. I would prefer that to couchlock fwiw

5. Imo none should be clear. Cloudy is highest thc. Clear(early) his a short lasting, fast heart beat high a lot of times followed by a headache. If u have a sativa strain I’d go 10-30% amber the rest cloudy. Indica all cloudy to 10% amber. Hybrid all cloudy. If u want more couch lock/sleepy add more amber

6. I’d talk to someone with a lil more experience but I’d think u could go back to the right nutes and continue until The end. Not sure about flushing again. Could prob do a longer cure to clean it

7. Oh okay I wouldn't mind that either, just was unsure about having death surrounding my buds lol

8. I have this certain issue. I stopped nutes almost 2 weeks ago, and it was supposedly time to cut her down, but this one plant is still trying to grow, and the white hairs are defiantly not stopping. I’m scared to leave her running for too much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Should I just give her a shot of bloom nutes when I water her tonight and ride out all the leaves dying?

Or chop and recognize my mistake? I'm really curious to know if the trichs continue to ripen after chop, clear to cloudy etc.

Top cola:
    20181101_012047.jpg

10. Mean man!!

11. What lol sorry high

12. Eh, I ended up feeding with some nutes to try and stave off the decay

13. Yeah you've cut her off a bit early mate. That's probably why she's foxtailing.
    See how your buds look spikey, that's what that is. It's caused by stress.
    Can be many different stresses but this seems like the obvious culprit.

I'd give her some PK for a week till the pistils start properly browning off then get back on the water to finish her.
    Different people have different opinions about flushing, personally I don't do it, got my own method but as a general consensus you'd start to flush once the pistils are like half turned brown. Once you hit that point your about 10 days away give or take.

Lots of people do cut the nutes at the point you did, aiming for the autumn colour effect but there's a knack to it which I'm not 100% sure of tbh. Best to just lower the Base nutes to about quarter strength and give the PK booster until the plants are ready to finish up. Then give water for a week or so once they're looking done. That's when your trich start properly maturing.

Good effort though she's a cracker. Should be a good smoke and you know now for next time so just look at it as part of the learning curve. :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Agreed, I would leave her for another 7 - 10 days! Looking nice tho, good work.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you don't like the mongy stones mate just stay away from indica Leaning strains.
    I'm like that too, they fuck me up lol.
    I generally stick to 50/50 or slightly sativa leaning for my personal stash rather than trying to time it right.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Id Give molassas untill ya hitting around 15% amber on the buds

The thrich will develop a for a few days afyer chop then thca degradge to thc as it dried and cures thc can oxidise to cbn over time also if left in sun light or to the air.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Thanks for all the replies I really appreciate it guys!!