HELP PLEASE! 12 Day Old Plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fluffynuggets, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Hey guys, new grower here, got a 4x4x7 tent with a 1000 mars hydro light, been watering about every 2 days or when the top inch of soil is dry. Plant was fine 2 days ago, yesterday noticed a little sag in the leafs, today the sag got alittle worse. looked at bottom of the pot and i can see some roots, and some of them are starting to get a brownish tint on the tips, my perlite is also turning like a orangeish/brown in spots was wondering if thats where the colors coming from or if its possibly root rot.

Any information would be much appreciated, was planning on transplanting to 5gal container tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. It sounds like you could be in an over watered condition now. Rather than focus on the soil dampness focus on the weight of the pot once watered VRS dry for when too water. I'd just lay off the water and it should come around no problems.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. ya i lift it as well and when it feels light as a feather i water, its been every 2/3 days id water. just scared bout the roots changing color

• Like Like x 1
  4. Going to have a moderator merge both threads.

BNW

5. Perlite will pickup color from the rest of the soil it is not a concern.
    When asking for advice and posting pictures Kill the Blurpel light and use normal camera flash for a true color shot.

BNW

6. So whats your opinion on how they look and the tint on the end of the root? or should i post pictures with the light off?

7. Psst....
    post photos that are not purple.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. New white light pics are always better for identifying possible issues.

BNW

9. having a very hard time getting a picture of the root tips. But here is the plant herself

Attached Files:

10. If you mean roots showing outside the pot it's normal for them to darken and stop growing. It's called "air pruning" and it's normal.
    Quote::
    Air pruning happens naturally when roots are exposed to air in the absence of high humidity. The roots are effectively “burned” off, causing the plant to constantly produce new and healthy branching roots. If roots are not exposed to air, they continue to grow around the container in a constricted pattern.
    End Quote::

BNW

11. so you'd say that everything looks normal? maybe a little to much water would explain the sudden droopiness of the leafs?

12. also, should i transplant into 5 gallon smart pot tomorrow? or wait a little longer as its only 12 days old

13. Wait...
    and don’t overwater.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have a few questions. How far up is the light from the plant? Is the tent too humid or hot? Do you have a fan pointed toward the seedlings? Are you giving it nutes?

I'd just use some low power cfl or led light bulbs like from house lamps. Too much light can stunt plants too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I have a 1000watt mars hydro led, it’s about 30-35in above the plants right now temps at 64, humidity 58% at the moment. No nutrients yet, only 13 days old, using promix biofungicide mycrorrhize as my medium. Was considering lowering my lights, but a previous plant I had started and have to my brother grew really short with the lights 20-24in away

16. Update on plant

Seems to be drooping more than yesterday. Any thoughts... lots of white roots coming out the bottom now

Attached Files: