Help, plants too tall for tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Thegrassbaker, Jun 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Any suggestions for what to do? I was very busy during veg and waited too long to switch to 12/12. I have zero room left and I absolutely cannot raise my light any further. I bend tops down but they do not stay down for long nor do have have areas to bend them to lol. Should I just cut the tops off? Maybe cut lower branches off? I’m on week 4 of flowering.

Attached Files:

2. Cutting the tops of 4 weeks in flower will stress her in a very negative way your yield will suffer the most she needs looking after much more now becoming very picky in your options are very bleak at this moment apart from bending and tie it down maybe lollipop for space at bottom of canopy to hold down the tops.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Take pliers to the main stem and crush a 12 inch long section of it. Fold her over and tie her down. Fluids will flow past the crush and the top will keep flowering in a 90 degree horizontal orientation.
    Do not let her "snap" as fluids don't move past a snap and everything above it will die.

I use this a lot to control Huge outdoor sativa plants from topping the back wall. Works well but looks rough. I really wasn't sure the first few times but work it does.

BNW

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Use something to tie them down when you bend them. Soften up the stems first and it'll be easy.

... or supercrop them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I should have started flowering so much sooner. I bent all the tops down and now the other half is touching the tent top, the glass light cover, the hood, everywhere lol. It is so packed in this tent and it is only going to get worse. I need to do something... it looks like a jungle with a light in the center.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I hate to tell you this especially since I am fairly new at indoor but plants touching lights is going to kill it anyway. I'm sure there is other things you can do. I believe out of 2 things I'm going to tell you 1 is the best. If you can afford it get another tent. Like a guerrilla. They are around 7 or 8 feet tall and also have a foot taller extension but expensive. 2 is crazy but as said I don't know what to say and they will die or be very messed up anyway. Cut a entire foot off all of them. Hey as I said there is probably other things I definitely don't know but if you have supper cropped and tied down and everything else. Oh this just hit me. #3 . Is there anyway you can think of to possibly turn your plants on their sides? And fix it some type of ingenuity so your soil don't spill out everywhere and a way to water through the side. I know it's daunting just thinking about the work but I am only trying to help with something you possibly can do

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Also bend the other half down,SMH idk

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. 3EFFC0E3-6546-4981-9E88-AF19AEE5DD32.jpeg 3EFFC0E3-6546-4981-9E88-AF19AEE5DD32.jpeg 5158CA47-D5A3-4111-8C75-7A09612BEE11.jpeg Thanks for the tips guys, I have a hydro setup so I cannot turn them on their side :( my tent is in my basement and the top is flush against the ceiling so unfortunately I cannot raise it anymore. Yesterday I turned the baskets that each plant is in by about 180 degrees and it rearranged the canopy somewhat and allowed more light to reach further down. One idea that I had was with my buckets, let me explain my setup, I have 4- 5 gallon buckets and all buckets thought maybe I would try to drop my baskets down into the buckets but it would reduce the water in each bucket to only 2 or 3 gallons.

9. View attachment 2804923 View attachment 2804923 View attachment 2804922 Thanks for the tips guys, I have a hydro setup so I cannot turn them on their side :( my tent is in my basement and the top is flush against the ceiling so unfortunately I cannot raise it anymore. Yesterday I turned the baskets that each plant is in by about 180 degrees and it rearranged the canopy somewhat and allowed more light to reach further down. One idea that I had was with my buckets, let me explain my setup, I have 4- 5 gallon buckets and all buckets thought maybe I would try to drop my baskets down into the buckets but it would reduce the water in each bucket to only 2 or 3 gallons. I think this might be my only option. I have all my buckets fill from the bottom Pvc line and the bigger pvc pipe is the drain line. Basically water pumps into the buckets from the reservoir and fills the buckets which over flows into the drain line which travels back to the reservoir. For years I grew the same strain THC bomb, this strain however seemed to stretch so much more than thc bomb. It’s called Zombie DF.

10. Only thing you can really do is tie them down. Super cropping would be a thing but doing it to that much of the plant would cause a lot of stress. I think your only option is to tie them over each other and give yourself Room for them to go a little bit more. Shouldn't stress it out to bad but I think that's your only option

11. another Idea you just helped me have I have some of that cheap wire fencing I was thinking maybe I can cut it to size and just put it on top the the entire canopy the weight of it should push everything down but not break any tops because it’s not that heavy. Perhaps I will try this

12. You want to try to be a bit more methodical about tying it down. Pressing buds against other buds is going to get u Bud rot likely

13. My vote would be to just criss-cross them over each other and try and avoid as much contact as possible. Either way you've given yourself an interesting situation to learn from so that's a plus

14. Way to add to my worries! Lol. I will keep this in mind. I will add a few fans in to help with circulation :)

15. Haha holy fuck mate. Went a tad too far there eh lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes as I said looks like you already know more than me. I have a different phone I can't see pictures on earlier when I made my comments lol.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app