HELP plants have stopped growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ryansmokes7, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Hey everyone, i'm gonna make this quick.
    \nBasically i had my plants in cups for a long time, basically until they stopped growing. they grew at different intervals and the tallest one was probably about 1foot.
    \nAnyways, so 3 of the plants i moved into a foresty area (spot A) ( but in a clearing with approximated 6-8 hours of sunlight. And another spot (spot  B) with about 8 hours or more of sunlight aswell. All plants look completely healthy, i dug holes in the ground, used a mix of compost and bagsoil my dad had. 
    \n\n Spot A: After a week, one plant was dug up  :cry:( by an animal) , the other two had not grown more than a few inches. I topped one of them and two branches are starting to come out ( 1-3 inches), that plant is around 1 1/2 feet but not growing at a proper rate. The other remaining one has also not grown very much and it is also smaller. 
    \nSpot B: The plant is not growing upward but seems to want to branch out alot. It also seems to be in early budding stages ( it is just over a foot ), it is covered in white hairs and fan leaves and close in leaves are starting to produce crystals. 
    \n\nBoth are getting adequate water and sunlight. I figured if they were in shock they would be out of it right now. Is there any nutrient or something that I could use to give to them? As i previously mentioned, they all seem to be healthy, just no growth.
    \n\nI can post pictures upon request. But that would mean going to take pictures and im not all for that   :D 
    \nThanks
    Ryan

2. you say they get 6-8 hours o sunlight a day, then you say they are getting sufficient light. when inducing flowering, they need at least 12 hours of direct light. 6-8 will greatly slow growth. unless I read it wrong. some flowering nutes (high in P) wouldn't hurt.

think of it like a battery (probably not the best analogy), you charge it for 6 hours but then expect it to run for 18. the 6 hours of light can't sustain proper growth during the other 18 hours

3. They will take a week or two to adapt the root systems to the different soil in the ground, too.  If they aren't dying, they should survive.   Sounds like they will need more light to thrive though. 

Those numbers were just estimates, it could be more. Since it's a geurilla grow it's hard to find a good spot. Anyways , is there any household item or anything I could use to help it out? I heard molasses around the base or something, what's the theory behind that?

5. You might want to try throwing down some autoflower seeds next time.

Blackstrap molasses (a specific type, not what your mom probably uses in cookies) has loads of trace elements and lots of sugars which the plant can use (mainly in end stages of its life) are best for flowering, it won't help in this situation. 

Just time to sit back and let it go!

Yeah i just used random bagseed this year as sort of a test. I'm gonna invest in some really nice seeds for next year when I have a car and resources to do this properly. This is all part of a big learning experience for me! 

Thanks for the input, i might look into that molasses for later in flowering stages.  :smoke:

7. I've been growing something or another for my entire life, and it's still a learning process for me.  Enjoy!

8. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Transplant and water

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Transplant to where? Care to expand?

I also see you are doing an Ontario grow (i think), nice to see some Ontario fham.

11. A bigger containter. Big square pits are the best. Make sure there's good drainage and its filled up before u transplant. U put ur fingers down to the very bottom of ur plant along the sides and then tilt the pot and pull slowly while shaking the pot gently. The roots will all be attached and must be submerged into soil right away. Water after u cover ALL the roots.then they will begin to grow again let me know

12. Big square pots

13. You can use molasses to make teas. Mixing it with water and dumping it in your soil won't do your plant any good. Molasses is used in conjunction with microbial teas.

From your description it just sounds like the plants are adjusting to the new environment. It can take weeks for the plants to show some growth spurts. I would just let them be and not mess with anything at the moment.

KISS = keep it simple stupid.

My plants are in the ground, not pots. i think i just shocked the root system really hard, that is most likely the reason. 

I guess you wouldn't suggest dropping a bit of miracle grow or any other water soluble nutrient would you? Like if i were to water it one or two times with miracle grow to help the roots set, would that be a good or bad idea? because if they dont start growing soon there will be no time left.