Help! Plants dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beginergrow, Jan 13, 2017.

1. What? It shows PH 7.0, how can it be wrong? what other type of meter I need? I dont understand.

2. Hi.

So the meters that have a probe (or 2) that stick into the soil itself (like what you have) are wildly and notoriously inaccurate. In order to get one that is even close to accurate you would need to spend a bare minimum of several hundred dollars. It's just not what you need.

What you're looking for is a "pH pen" type meter that measures the pH (potential Hydrogen) of a liquid solution. This will allow you to check and then adjust the pH of your water and/or nutrient solution before you feed/water your plants with it.

You perhaps should have been better informed before the purchase was made - sorry. It's simply just not the correct tool.

J

3. Yeah I know this is only for soil measures but I thought I need to measure the soil because the nutrient lockout is in the soil.. Ok next time I will buy a water Ph meter. Still I think even if the Ph of my water is ok then it won't save the plant and the buds won't grow bigger..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks, I choped it it was nice experience for first grow. Next one will be better.

• Like Like x 1