Help! Plants dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beginergrow, Jan 13, 2017.

1. The winter sun doesn't produce enough PAR to feed a plant. The tilt of the earth puts the sun far enough away to do nothing unless you magnify it somehow. Invest in lights and read up on the SIP technique with a living organic soil. Use fabric pots as they wick more easily. Very low maintenance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Think of growing a plant like building a house. Pour the footer and lay the foundation [roots], build the structure [vegative], trim n paint [flower] let the paint dry and enjoy. People always try to inhibit vegative growth too quickly before building the roots up. Focus more on potassium and phosphate and other trace elements during early veg. Then focus on nitrogen but keep the others going. Cannibus requires a minimum 6 hours direct sunlight and that's 3x what any light can provide. So if you don't do something about lighting you may as well hang it up.

3. ok I will try to buy some lights if I will do an indoor grow. But I plan to make some supersoil and not use any nutes and just dig holes in the ground somewhere outdoors and plant some seedlings. I hope it will be ok with sun.

4. Depends how long your season is. You can get em going indoors if your season is short. I live in the south so we get a nice stretch.

5. ok I will try, but for this grow I will leave it alone with 7 x 23w CFL for about 14h a day. I have seen some grows with just 5x 18w cfls and better results :(

6. CFLs will work for early veg

7. I plan to germinate seeds in april and plant them outside in may and harvest them in september or october if the weather will be warm. if not then probably earlier

8. Rain water is around 6.8ph and plants seem to do well with this ph level.. personally I like 6.4-6.6ph range .. had nothing but good and healthy growth at that ph! Just buy bottled water from your store with ph of 6.4-6.8 range on it or find out on google ur average ph of ur tap water.. once u do.. u can add lemon juice and drop the ph per litre by estimation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. #49 MajorToker, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    I bought ocean forest because I was in a pinch and didn't get a chance to let the soil cook but it's not worth Rhett money. Here is an easy recipe to make your own "supersoil".
    1 part hummus or worm castings
    1 part sphagnum peat Moss
    1 part perlite or lava rock
    2 cups Espoma organic bulb tone
    (Any espoma tone works)
    1 cup kelp meal
    1 cup crab meal

Those are the building blocks. That soil mix should get you through 3 cycles but some like to just dress with a nitrogen source between each cycle as nitrogen is the most used. In the organice section the "higher learning" teaches a lot about different ammendments. This mix needs 2-3 weeks to cook in a pot. You pretend there's a plant and water when bone dry a half inch under the top of soil. Read up on SIP (self irrigating planter) if you are away a lot or just lazy like me. I've read and read and I've decided to run organic living soil in a SIP setup with fabric pots. I just bought extra deep plastic run off catches and filled them with lava rock and water and set the pots on top of the rock. The water is wicked into the soil as the plant needs it so it cuts waterings in half. And it's impossible to over water or under water.

Another reason besides low maintenance is I like the fact that only the bottom 3rd of the pot gets wet so it stimulates massive root growth. Pretty much like hydro in the dirt without having to play with magical bottles that claim to make my plant turn into the fly trap from little Shop of horrors.

10. Thanks for all that information! I will try to make that kind of mix, can I add some compost soil? And what happens if the soil doesn't cook or I just mix it and put it straight away in the hole without any waiting and plant the seedling straight in??

11. The object to building living soil is to feed the organisms in the soil then they feed your plants. They also sell beneficial bacteria cultures to jump start the process. But by cooking you're giving them a chance to eat and poop lots of nutrients your plant can actually absorb. Bottled nutes are forcibly taken up where organic soil provides nutrients as the plant needs them. You have lots of reading to do.

12. Also compost soil is fine as long as the process is complete otherwise your soil will be turning to acid so fast you won't know what to do. I would sift it and only use the siftings to keep bugs and large sticks out. Make sure to add a half cup of neem seed meal per cubic in case you get bad bugs.

13. Ok, but I can only make my supersoil inside home and do you think it could cook inside some big container in a room?

14. Yes. Do not close the container tightly - it needs to breathe. Keep moist.

J

Attached Files:

16. Hi, so i finally got pH meter (actually was hard to find) and the pH is 7.0, so what now? There is also an option to switch it to fertility meter and it shows too little.

Attached Files:

17. Now you need ph down and a better light. There is no hope left for this plant. I wish you better luck on your next grow

Check out my baby
    Any advice for my critical?

18. Is that something you use on a woman?

J

19. That's not the type of meter you're looking for.

Sorry.

J

20. Ok I guess I will chop it after a week or so. thanks

• Like Like x 1