Help! Plants dying!! Very urgent

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Headin2Mars, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

So I have 6 plants outdoors in 16-20 Oz cups, in FF Ocean Forest soil. they are about 3 1/2 weeks old, 2 days ago I watered them and came back today to see all my plants look like they are dying. all the leaves on the plants are curling up like a taco and the leaves are about 30% percent brown on each leaf

Recent things that may have caused it:

- I filled up the cups a little more to cover up the stem and root growth (2 days ago)
    - Temperatues have been rising up to 95-102 Degrees and its very humid outside

from what ive heard its a possible magnesium defficiency.

idk though, PLEASE! I need opinions!

I have no pics but I found one online that looks very similar without the browning of the plant.

[​IMG]

2. ...that's heat stress.

3. nope...it's heat stress.

4. will they rejuvenate after the heat drops? I was told it may have been a magnesium defficiency so I went and got some Epsom salt. Is that not neccessary?

thanks for the help

5. would it be best to put it in the shade for today?

6. #7 strain stalker, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    ...what's goin on is, your leaves are being sucked of h2o faster than they can pull it from their roots.

...70-85 are idea temps.
    ...hold on to your salts, they are not needed to remedy this issue.

(edit) a shade may help things out.

7. #8 Headin2Mars, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010

Thanks alot, I will go and let them chill in the shade until tommorow, the temps are supposed to drop.

should I give them anymore water? I only gave them a little today, maybe like 6 Oz each or something since I watered them 2 days ago.

also for the leaves browning is that the same symptom of heat stress?

8. ...it may take several days for them to get their normal glow back once temps are in check, don't expect instant results.

...water your babbies when the pots feel dry. Lift them up, lite = water.

9. Yup, hot. If the leaves turn colors, like yellow or start dying at the end of the leaf that is typically, nute burn. The plants don't die from lack of nutrients (besides water, lol); they just wouldn't grow as big. Regardless the soil you are using would be fine without adding anything besides water. Might want to take it easy with nute's for the lack of experience you possess.

10. im not using nutes. i havent put any fertilizers in it what so ever.