Help Plant Problem getting serious PICS INSIDE

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Individuality, Jan 23, 2011.

1. #1 Individuality, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
    Please some one help me with this. I cant seem to figure it out and im sure there someone here who will know what it is right when they see it. This has been on small growth and then starting to get larger.

What type of medium; soil or hydro?HYDRO
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?INDOOR
    What strain?INDOOR FEM MIX NIRVANA
    How old are the plants?2 WEEKS
    What type of lights and how many watts?400W COOLTUBE, LUMATEK BALLAST
    How far from the lights? 18-20"
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?DISTILLED WATER
    STARTED ON LUCAS FORMULA WITH 3:6 MAINTAINING THE 1:2 (MICRO:BLOOM)
    START PPM 476 @.5, 6.0PH, 950 Us

START WEEK 2: PPM 495, PH 6.0, Us 985
    PPM PH Us
    WEEK 3 DAY 1 496 6.06 987
    WEEK 3 DAY 2 498 6.03 988
    WEEK 3 DAY 3 505 6.03 1012
    WEEK 3 DAY 4 491 5.91 982

RES TEMPS STAY AROUND 71F

What are the temps and humidity in the room? 78F 25HUMIDITY
    What size pots? 5 GALLON BUBBLE BUCKET
    Any bugs? Look real close. NO
    Any other pertinent info? ROOTS ARE GROWING WELL AND NEW GROWTH LOOKS FINE. MIDDLE FAN LEAVES STARTING TO LOOK DROOPY.

PICTURES OF GROWTH
    will be adding new pictures from grasscity

2. are you flowering? if no-why micro bloom? where is the gro?

3. im not using grow because lucas formula only calls for the micro and bloom

4. Regardless of what the name on the bottle is, make sure the 1st number is larger or equal to the 2nd and 3rd number.

First number is Nitrogen - which gives the plant the food it needs to grow. No Nitrogen and you'll never make that mistake again :wave:

At this point in time, your plants require growth food, not bloom food.

JMHO

5. again I am using the lucas formula which does not use grow! It uses micro and bloom.
    Can some one tell me what is wrong with my plant. Is this nute burn or a Ca deficiency. Ive read that distilled and RO water as well as some tap, lack significant amounts of dissolved calcium. That leading to a Calcium deficiency if additional Ca is added.

6. #6 Your Grandfathe, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
    Lucas said that the Flora Micro had enough Nitrogen, but maybe the amount in Flora Micro is not enough for your genetics. Something to think about.

7. dude whats the N-P-K?i dont know much about hydro, but logicly thinking, giving the plant in veg, bloom nutes, can cause problems, because it requires more N than phosphorus and potasium.

8. Guys, the Lucas Formula with GH nutes is proven to work. Its not the formula that is causing his issues. The Lucas Formula only uses the Micro and the Bloom nutes at a ratio of 1:2 (Micro to bloom). It totally skips the GROW as its not necessary. Lots of people grow using this formula, including myself.

As far as the issue goes, OP, Can u take some pics without the HPS light on? (And upload them here on GC, not on a public hosting site, thats more dangerous).

9. yes i can. I know its hard to see with the lights on. O crap! about the pictures i didnt know. Is there a way to take those photos down then. I didnt realize i could upload them strait from here. Will add pictures later on as people are coming through the house during the day.

As to lucas formula, this is strait from the lucas page. "You will notice I dont use any of the Flora “Grow” formula, do not need to, the Flora "Micro" provides plenty of Nitrogen. "

Picture update later tonight

10. Okay so update on the pictures. Here are some pics with the hps light off so you can actually see.
    Notice the stuff is only on two different sets of leaves. The new growth seems to be doing fine it was droopy at first.

1st pic is above view, 2nd is a close up of what it looks like, and 3rd is a pic under the light

Thanks for all the help

Attached Files:

11. if i had that in coco, i would asume its ph related.but in hydro i dont want to make a wrong guess.

12. It looks to me like a ca deficiency in my marijuana grow saver guide but then it looks like nute burn. Since im using distilled water im going to buy som cal-mag and see if that helps at all.