HELP!!! Plant leave damage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CaNnAbIs-KiNg, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Everything has been going good with this grow. Day 43 from seed. Some small things I ran into for my first grow. I noticed the plants stretching so I moved them outside permanently. There are 7 plants and only 2 have problems now. The other 5 look great. One plant is having leaves fall apart and change colors. The other plant has burnt ends. They’re all in 5 gallon pals with happy frog and perlite mix soil. I use cutting edge solution 3 part, Micro, Grow, and Bloom. Any advise would be great thanks!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These are the healthier ones
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Looks like it might be a magnesium deficiency mate. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though. What's your ph? Have you tested the run-off?
    [​IMG]

3. I don’t have a ph meter yet. That and a ppm meter are on the list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's a critical part :) Until then there's not much you can do (afaik, maybe just a little ph up would do the trick but it'll be hard to get it right). When you get your meter, set the ph to around 6.7 to get into that calcium/magnesium sweet spot (since you're using soil, yeah?). Then 6.7 every third water and 6.3 the others. Here's a good resource for learning about deficiencies/ph etc. reddit: the front page of the internet

Good luck :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. And remember to test the water you're using too! My tap water is 280ppm with a ph >8, damn near at it's max when it comes to fertilising early veg plants. Enjoy the journey :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Can I use distilled water to flush out my plant that has the nutrient problems? Thanks

7. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. That is called a slurry test. Every soil grower should do this. It will give u true pH and will also tell u if ur plants are hungry or just need water

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah that's perfectly fine! Put a liiitle bit of fertiliser in there so the plants don't starve :) But remember that you don't know that it needs flushed, so it might be unnecessary stress. You'll flush it and it'll still have a potential ph issue.

You have a list of things to do once you get that meter ;) This slurry test needs to be soaked for 24 hours first, then, importantly, strain it with a coffee strainer before you stick your ph meter in it!