Help, plant is dying and drying up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Boblarry, May 6, 2016.

1. My plant all of the sudden started dying, one day it was lush green and healthy, the next day all the branches fell inward, than today the leaves are starting to dry out and be crispy. What can cause this? The soil was moist for a 4 days, so I took a some out and put dry soil, just to make sure it was not root rot.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. looks like it could be mildew but the photos are not that great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi i think water head right. Looks like it to me toi if pics took rite. I think its more than a nute issue or siol now love. Were av ya been keepin it? Wat humidity etc and temps? Failing that if not mould i would look for some kind of tiny pest etc . Are ya root definatley ok? I wood solve wat it is then throw it away then steriluze everything been near etc and if good temps etc etc start again wi a new one. Sorry dont look good love. Hope this helps and let us no.. goid luck love xxx

• Like Like x 1
  4. I took out some of the moist soil and put fresh dry soil, than I misted the leaves with water

5. I keep it in my closest, where the humidity is 60% and the temp is at 72

6. I'm using fox farm happy frog, I drilled more holes in the pot for drainage. It's in the tuber ware so the run off can be collected in it. I keep the LED lights 2 ft above the plant

7. Doubt there is much air flow in that tuber ware. Also are you letting the bucket just sit in runoff? Still water after awhile will create mold and bacteria with nutes especially. I have seen mold. Mold doesn't do that. Leaves this brown shit on stalks and bud and turns brown and when you touch it puffs off and spores go all over. It is horrible out here on the ocean coast.

Sade's outdoor Bigfoot territory grow

8. Drainage is everything with these plants. If you've had it in something that holds the water runoff, chances are you've rotted the roots. Regardless, that one is pretty much done for. Start over. This time, go to the new grower threads here on the forum and read the "sticky's." There are several there just for the new grower that contain the vital basic information about the process of growing these plants. Having a setup is only half the work. You have to do the research and reading and learn how to grow the plant. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  9. Its more than likely water logged roots and there is not much to do. When you try again water less, try to have the plant elevated in the saucer so it wont sit in the run off if you cannot empty that right away yourself

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1