Help ph problem mutates my girl :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Im blunter, Apr 11, 2013.

1. I'm fairly certain it's the ph of the soil but I don't have a ph tester so I can't tell for sure.
    Even though its ugly it seems to be growing but its stunted and retarded, nevertheless I want to try to fix the ph of my soil so that my plant can still survive, I want to know how I would go about doing that.
    it's still growing right now, it just started back up last week and its still showing new growth in the last few days so I'm not giving up on it because I like how it has like 4 main branches already, i really want to see how it turns out.

Attached Files:

2. Get you some cheap PH soil testing strips on ebay. Flush that girl for now and add one teaspoon of Epsom salts per gallon of water in the flush and see if she improves while you wait on the strips.

3. That is a mutant plant. It won't bear young most likely, happens, pull it and put a new seed in new soil. I pulled one this morning, one in 50 seeds. Not too bad. You got unlucky.

4. it could be mutant genetics or viral. i have found viruses to be quite common in MJ seeds.

out of the four seeds i popped of DJ Short blueberry (all males!! :mad: ), two of them have distinct mosaic patterning. TMV, LMV, CMV, WMV, all different mosiac viruses that cause simmilar to different symptoms - like some viruses can cause a plant to do something crazy like that. others cause extreme yellowing and stunted growth. and than theres the most destructive and quickly spreading - the tobacco mosaic virus.

i would throw away the plant. wash your hands afterward just to be safe. viruses arent as easily spread compared to other pathogens, like say powdery mildew, but viruses spread & infect plants through wounds or other openings (nectaries, stomata, hydrothodes, etc.) quite eerie, as they cause disease the same way as does humans....through openings

some plants can easily succumb to viruses, while others are more hardy. but remember this: once a plant has a virus (even if it can fight it off), it will always have that virus & it can possibly spread to other, not as hardy plants.

a little in depth, and my 2 cents, but i hope this helps

:wave:

5. Yup I helped a lot I decided to look into other possible viral infections common to Northern California for marijuana plants and what do you know, there's a TMV epidemic going on in my area but I managed to keep all other plants a safe distance from the infected seedling.
    I eventually came to the conclusion that its not worth ruining my whole crop just to see how this one grows so I pulled it
    My other plants are doing just fine right now, I've got a few tiny cherry pie clones that are flowering in my backyard, not exactly the best time but I figure I can get a few nugs out of them since they were given to me while they were flowering.
    Also got a 4 footer flowing on me too, ill have some dank green crack to smoke on before summer begins :)