Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help! Parents giving me chance to explain!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by xoTheWeekndxo, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hey all. so imma college student living at home.. been smoking for like 4 years just got caught couple weeks ago.. looong story but now my parents want to sit down and talk with me about Mary J its pros and cons etc. how should i go about explaining everything? they are Pakistani and its a miracle that they are actually willing to listen lol but yea any comment/videos etc. would be helpful :)

2. The union. Show it to them (YouTube it). Also don't five them the impression that you smokeout regularily.

3. they have to figure that shit out themselves, as they are going to think you are just trying to keep your ass safe.

and they are always going to think negative if they hear it from you, sounds shitty but its true.

have THEM watch the union, or some type of marijuana movie. but i suggest not trying to change their views with your words, let them take the info in and do with it what they will

4. Yeah when I first got busted by my mum we had a chat the next day and I just basically layer it down for her - I only don't occasionally, it's not a huge part of my life, I don't have the desire at all to try any other drugs (debunking the whole gateway drug thing), showed her that I was still successful in school and my job and told her to take note of everything I've achieved over the past how ever many years that she didn't even know I was smoking.
    Also helps that in Jamaica price isn't something that I have to worry about when it comes to bud, cheap as hell. But I also let her know how responsible I was with buying bud when I was away as well.
    IMO, it's about showing them that you can be successful with smoking as a hobby, as a reward.

5. Explain the effects to them. Try to compare it legal drugs like alcohol and nicotine. They are both extremely harmful, cause countless deaths, can be addictive, but are still legal, while marijuana is non habit forming, and is responsible for zero deaths every year. The way i always look at it, its a new thing to our culture. Nicotine and alcohol have been apart of our societies since its beginnings (tobacco was one our cash crops at a time). The drug is just misunderstood and for those reasons illegal.

6. thanks you guys all of you helped. my dads coming back tmrw we're all gonna sit and talk then. pray for me! :)
    wow i watched that Union movie its verry insightful i think ill show it to them

7. Tell them to fuck off

8. Talk to Granny! She has well over 500 pages of information on cannabis use

9. it's his parents man, no disrespect

10. Granny has every article, web page, everything you can think of to show how positive a substance marijuana is.

11. Print Granny's list off into a big booklet and just tell them to read it.

12. better than meth

13. tell them you have a eating problem lol

14. I agree with this 100%
    I've personally showed The Union to several 'non-believers' (lol) and they completely changed their opinions/opened their minds to a different view on MJ.

15. If you would like a copy of my List (840 pages of links), check out the bottom of my sig for my email! (Might be wiser to have it as a PDF and not on GC! :rolleyes:

Sit your parents down and ask them to "just read the titles"! ;) By the time they finish the "C"s, they should have a totally new outlook on cannabis!

Granny :wave:

16. The union should be all you need or run from the cure tell them weed is from the earth and the bible says ''every plant bearing stems and seeds'' last time i checked that sounds like weed, let me find out they were getting high as a kite before all those suppers lmao

17. granny's post is pretty helpful

otherwise, just straight up tell them the herb's medicinal benefits. tell them how it affects you personally

18. Nah dude don't show them the union, I love that movie, but you are far better off going with some articles off Granny's list! good luck

19. Granny is a god among the blades! Thanks for educating everyone :D

20. Goddess*