Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help!? Paranoid when high.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by kpop420, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Ive been smoking weed for 5 years straight now. about 3 months ago i started getting really paranoid when im high, like thinking im going to faint or i feel like my heart is not beating properly or im just to high... I used to be able to rip 5 bong tokes at a time and now i do one and im really high... i dont understand, has this happened to anyone? Anyone have any advice??

2. Happened to me when I took a t-break. I liked it tho. Cause then I could take one bong rip and I was good for an hour. Just smoke less man. And know its just the drug, Nobody has ever died from weed. lol When you know a substance is safe its easier to put your mind at rest

3. Something else is probably going on in your life causing an emotional strain and the weed is showing that to you more clearly. Figure out where that paranoia is really coming from and tell it to suck it, because there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

Edit: It could be as simple as changing a thought pattern...

4. Yeah, the weed is probably emphasising some sort of stress thats going on in your life

5. This has been happening for 3 months now, i couldnt be that stressed for so long... everyday...

6. Hmm, I'm not sure what to suggest then, I've never come across anything like this before. Have you started smoking a different strain or something?

7. I know, it really sucks because i love smoking weed everyday and i want to be able to enjoy it and not be paranoid and be able to smoke a lot of weed. I smoke all kinds of different weed.

8. Really don't know what to suggest then, I'd research it, it must be pretty bad not being able to get high and enjoy it properly.

9. Yes, you could be stressed for that long. Talk to people with serious anxiety and depression problems who are stressed to their eyeballs for years.

It may not bother you that much when you're sober, but weed enhances everything. Like I said, it could be a simple thought pattern you picked up causing you to focus on anxious thoughts. Our lives constantly need tweaking.

10. Like I tell everyone else, it's a panic attack. It's triggered by the fight or flight response, look it up. Just relax, calm down! Tell yourself you've been smoking for years and it can't kill you! Nobody has ever died from weed, and you've been toking for years! Best thing to do is relax, I had the same problem almost a year ago but I taught myself to relax and smoke, everything will be fine.

11. If you smoke everyday you should try having some omega 3 fish pills. If you don't get enough omega 3 and smoke a lot, it has been shown to cause people to be depressed or "paranoid" when high. Not specifically paranoid, but having depression while high could cause someone to be paranoid from family problems, money, etc..

Just try some omega 3 pills for a couple weeks and see if anything has improved.