Help on res. Water temp!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by uspotgrowers, Jan 2, 2010.

1. #1 uspotgrowers, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
    Does anyone have the solution for keeping the water temp. down in the resvoir ?? i put ice in it every couple days but still would like to keep it consistint .. any help would be greatly appreciated ...

2. If you have decent temps in your space, adequate ventilation, and a couple of airstones, it should pretty much regulate itself. This time of year, I can't see why you would need to add ice to it. What is your average res. temp?

3. i just gave in and bought a contiunous read temp,ppmand ph meter to help keep track of everything .. its runing about 72 degrees . i thought it was running higher but thats not to bad ..

4. Bite the bullet and get a chiller.

At least you won't have any alge problems, and you will find it increases potency. ;)

I run @ 63 deg F.

5. #5 uspotgrowers, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    yea i tweeked my system and iam down to bout 67 degrees ... now that i can keep a close eye on everything.(ec,pph,ppm,temp) i bought the blue lab guardian .. but heck cant complain check these out !! just harvested !! Arms lenght from wrist to above elbow... i will post more pics when dried to show weights and lenghts if anyone would like to see...

Attached Files:

6. I would like to comment on your buds, but I was too infatuated with your pink heart boxers ;).

According to the dude at my hydro store (I say that a lot on here...) water temps aren't a huge factor as far as growth goes (some people are going to disagree) and don't have anything to do with root growth. He said there as long as you can keep your temps below 75 your plant will grow fine, taking into account you have adequate O2 levels. He said that what matters is the disolved oxygen (DO) levels, and while high temps = lower DO levels there is obviously a coorelation... but as long as you can keep your DO levels high, the roots don't care about the temp.

With that said, because of the correlation there is obviously a reason you want to keep your temps lower. Lower temps = higher DO levels. It's the old double sided scale, higher temps lower DO. Lower temps higher DO...

What he did agree on though is any time your water temps go above 70 you are increasing your chance for pathogens (root rot).

He also went on to say that is why he never recommends that people use DWC. He personally hates it, and won't recommend it to any of his customers. He's a big top feed/nft guy. But I think that's because he sets up massive indoor hydroponic setups for growing produce and stuff. He's told me some crazy stories... I would love to see the pot he can grow lol.

7. Well glad to see that my boxers caught your eye instead of the two huge buds and the bucket by my feet filled with the rest of the plant ..lol.. yea higher temps equals -root rot , already new that one and iam tryin to jet it down to bout 65 degrees. thanks for the info and response ....:smoking: