Help on outdoor growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lalaboy01, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Hey I have a friend who is unsure what sex his plants are and was hoping someone could help, have tried to sex them but can not figure it out, here are some pictures hope someone has some clue, sorry if pictures are not too good please ask if you need more, cheers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Read my link on sexing below.

3. Hard to tell from that picture. Females are homogenous (only white hairs). Males (and hermies) can have white hairs at first but they'll look heterogenous and start doing little balls which will open and let the pollen out, thus destroying your "sin semilla" (without seed) harvest. Males flower 2-3 weeks before the females do. If done outdoors, they show sex alone with the decreasing light cycle. Looks nice and green. No sexing visible yet from that pic. Wait a bit.

4. Hi there

Thanks for the kind replies, here are some more pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So sorry pictures blur when i try take too close, anything to give you a better idea whether they are male or female and how close to budding do you think they are if you can tell from pictures? Thank you!

5. I gave you a link. Why don´t you READ IT then get in close with a lens? The preflowers can be very small, best found by looking for yourself. Female pistils are unmistakeable.

6. Hey

Sorry i have tried i just can't figure it out there are tiny little pre flowers but i can't tell if there are pistils :( Just put up photos to check if anyone could have an idea from the photos because i thought you could tell by the stalk and how many leaves etc for it being female, sorry.

7. I told you Lalaboy, it's still early to see with naked eye. You can use a 10x or 30x loupe as is explained in Cantharis' link if you're hunting for pre-flowers. I'd just wait some more: the male sacks aren't gonna jump open: you'll see them form before they open. Look well in the internodes lil' dude ok!?!

8. #8 lalaboy01, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  9. Hey There Lalaboy,

One thing I wanted to point out, repspectfully, is that I noticed Holly and Ivy growing around your plants. What I have experienced is that as your plants grow, they will shooot taller and be a noticeably different green than the surrounding holly / ivy so be careful please!
    If you have privacy, no worries mon. If not, you may want to consider training your plants down gradually with wire so they don't stand tall and noticeable.
    Good luck!

10. Hi

thanks for the advice, so the wire wouldn't kill them or anything if they start growing into it? i just really wish i knew what sex it was too, damn.

11. Too right at the moment patriofarmer - it is withdrawal symptoms - I just have to get growing again.