Help on my sick little it.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tactical Angel, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Not sure on sex, so it is an it. Lol but basically it's purplish pretty badly. I know this is a pretty common thing among seedlings, but that's not the only thing. The leaves also look strange. Here's the setup:
    600W LED light. Moved it further away when I saw tacoing.
    In 1 gal pots right now. I water them about once every 3 days. I just fed them for the first time 2 days ago. They're 20ish days old.

I just can't pinpoint the problem. I'm thinking a mixture of too much light, phosphorus def. what else do you think? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Oh and the stem is the reddish color. There is a little purplish on my other seedlings, but this one is showing worrying signs. The leaf edge is also very soft and weak. The stem is strong, though.

3. What's the medium?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

4. It's a mixture of organic soil mix, pearlite and some worms casting.

5. ^

6. Yeah, looks like nitrogen toxicity and or pH issue. Just water next time plain PhD water. pH around 6.3 for veg

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

7. Hard to tell anything in that abnormal light

8. Couple of problems. You say organic soil. What's the spec? Does it have the nutrition the plant need? The soil looks like it could use more perlite.

Are you feeding them on a schedule of by the plants ? "Feeding every three days "should be changed to "when the pot fills light ".

Also please post with. Natural light. The purple glow of the light won't tell us shit. Dickie gets angry when the light sucks.

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

9. Cant tell with that light but maybe lighten up or stop feeding until the problem starts to show signs of clearing up, are the tip N burned? and check water ph? If it was mine and I was really worried I would check ph of water run off and flush it with plain tap water that is correct ph if it's way off and maybe add some molasses ? the molasses sugars help to break up nutrients that are built up and gives the plant carbs to help it burn up nutrients. Also I don't ph water unless its way off it's just one more thing in the soil to complicate things imo

Sprouting since 77 and I still remind myself "it's a weed just let it grow"

10. So I have only fed once, and that was a really light feeding. I can't see it being an abundance of nutrients though. I've read about phosphorus def. and that's kinda what it looks like.

What's your opinion on ppm of water? I oh my water, but it's sitting around 130 ppm from a well. Do you think there's too much magnesium and that's causing the nutes to lock up? I've been reading an organic grow book and he says anything above 80ppm is too much. What's your opinion?

11. Just woke up to sober to think but yes that seems high maybe try bottled water ?? Type unknown yet?? Yawn...to flush.

12. I'll try using bottled water for a week and see what the results are. I just found a great deal on a RO system, so that may be an investment I make.