help on my first grow 2nd week

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mikieloc, Nov 26, 2012.

1. hey g.c help me out my clones are not looking great.i have a grow tent 32x20x65 i have 3 plants sour diesel clones my water runs high so i just started really keepin up with the pm.i added pics..some leaves are turning up im runing a 150w ballast with a 150w hps light.small grow 3 plants.12-18 inches away..temps stay 79-82

Attached Files:

2. What is the pH of your nutrient mix?
    What is the TDS/PPM/EC of your nutrient mix?
    What is the temperature of your nutrient mix?
    What type of hydroponic setup are you using?
    Are you using RO water or tap water?

3. dam bro..ima beginner..ok here goes im using pure blend pro bloom 2-3-5 also magical 2-0-0 im using purified water i dont know the ppm.i have a 10 gallon 3 plant bubbleponic set up

4. Yeah, Im a beginner, too. The answers to the questions I asked, at a minimum, will aid others in helping you sort out your issue.

... but if you cant even answer those questions, no one is really going to be able to help you until you get the proper monitoring equipment.

5. sour d! excellent choice! what dosage/concentration are you using for your nutrients?

6. this is bullshit, get a ph meter, some good nutes, feed appropriately, enough light, exhaust and watch them grow....if u r a beginner u dont need to be a rangers fan

7. thats why im askin dawg..so if anyone knows about these products let me kno this is what im usin for nutes..is this bullshit let me know.the lady in the hydro store said this is cool..and im usin at half strength

Attached Files:

8. #8 cdphalanx, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012

lolwut?

ph meter = monitoring equipment, which exactly what I said he should get.
    he already has nutes
    to feed appropriately in hydro, you need to be able to measure EC/TDS = monitoring equipment

So yeah, I guess you're right. What I posted is 'bullshit' :rolleyes:

9. those products are fine. i have used botanicare

10. u r not listening to what he asking. he is a beginner. chill out bro. go smoke

11. mikie, the concentration you used...

12. the concentration i used isnt good??please elaborate let me know

13. did you use the recommended concentration on the label?

14. hey man if all the new growth (top leaves) are green with no signs of coloring, you might just have a little nute burn (too much concentration)

If the new growth is changing colors, post a better pic and maybe we can help you out.

One piece of advice, plants are more resilient than you think. Everything that happens with a plant teaches you something and until you make mistakes and learn from them, its tough to get everything right. You'll be fine

15. I'm not sure you are actually listening. He gave a general "my plants don't look good, what's wrong" type of request and the pertinent questions were asked in the first response. Beginner or not, if you are running hydro and don't know your PH, EC/PPM and water temp, you are going to have a rough go at it.

To answer the OP, the plants actually look fine, cant see a problem other than a discolored lower leaf which happens from time to time as a leaf ages and receives less light.

16. #16 adimlabs, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    It looks like you may have nutrient burned the clones. Give them a short break from the nutrient solutions.When they are looking a little healthier, readjust your concentration and start them on the normal schedule.
    I'm not saying you did this, but it's never a great idea to use more than the recommended amount of nutrients on the back of the bottle.

Nuggpuffr has a point that the real damage looks like it's only in that first picture.
    Sometimes you can cause that browning in the first picture, on the bottom leaf, by getting your nutrient solution on the leaf and not directly into the soil, that combined with an HID(High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide) light can burn your leafs.

17. thanks all this is very useful how long should i chill on the nutes befote i nute again i nuted yesterday at half strength

18. @blazin no i didnt use that much as the directions said it said 5ml for every gallon.i have 6 gallons of water ph at 6.0 and i used 10ml of nutes..

19. This is a pretty common mistake, but you need to make sure you are testing your pH after you mix in nutes.

As far as holding off on your nutes, I'd skip a feeding(for ex. if you were going to feed next week wait until the week after, unless your plant has fully recovered), and then try it again.

20. i have another question i have 2 air stones in my reservoir.using the bubbleponic method my roots are all in the water.do i ever turn off the pump and bubbles or do i just let it go nonstop