help on my final decision with my new SYN bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by NTrippin, Jul 14, 2010.

1. #1 NTrippin, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    hey guys, after researching alot iv finally narrowed my choices for my new bong down to 2
    a SYN mini showerhead with fixed downstem-250$
    or a SYN mini 38 mm dome perc with diffused downstem-125$

the differnce is obviosly the price what im wondering is whats the difference and whats your opinion on the price differnce relative to what these bongs have to offer in terms of smoothness and drag etc...
    ill add the links
    thanks for the help

2. i have the 21" tall SYN showercap.

i wish i had bought the 15" one.

3. There's not much we can really add here that you aren't aware of yourself. It's clear that the showercap will diffuse better and have less drag, but will also be more expensive. Now is extra diffusion and less drag worth 125 bucks? To some yes and to some no, you need to decide if it's worth it to you. I'm sure everybody would rather have the showercap if they had the money, but again, only you can say how much $125 is worth to you.

4. i suppose your right its just that i have zero experince with these bongs so i was wondering if i could get help from people who are more informed or may have tried them out, plus im no expert on how good a diffuser or a dome perc is and because i cant go try it i was tyrna get some help from more experinced blades who have tried the same or similar products

5. I'd go with the shower head...

6. for you. get the showercap.

it hits like air. im gonna get a milkshot of mine later. ill send you it

7. thanks man id appreciate it

8. lmao just search syn mini showercap milk on youtube. There's loads of vids, get the showercap though, you get what you pay for. All that matters is can you afford it?

9. well if i wanted the dome perc i could get it immediatly if i wanted the showerhead id have to wait a few months..

10. #10 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    I'd get the MINI showercap.

Edit: dome percs are not nice IMO. they usually add a lot of drag and not so much diffusion.
    You may as well just get a straight tube with diffused downstem an ashcatcher. Trust me, a low quality/function perc isn't worth it.

11. i agree get the showercap, it might take you some time, but in the end you'll be happier you paid the extra money for it than getting the cheaper one now.

"good things come to those who wait."

Question: Would a tree perc be good for him as a possible 3rd option, or is the showercap just superior to the tree?

12. If your LHS carries SYN i might wait a little bit. We just got a shipment of a bunch of their new stuff in my city about a week ago and it's sick!

but yea, inline + showerhead would own a dome perc with a diffused downstem

i wouldnt go the double route either, like a showerhead + perc, I think it adds too much drag

13. thanks for the imput guys i appreciate it, after thinking about it for a long time i actually think im going to do with the dome perc, this is simply because i still live with my parents and i have my fair share of dumb friends who i wouldent be suprised if they broke a 250 dollar bong haha i wouldent want my parnets to find it and throw it out either so im gunna go with the cheaper one because it still looks pretty sweet, and probabaly gives a nice smooth hit, any thoughts on an A/C, should i even get one for it?

14. #14 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    No.
    With a percd tube you can have a diffused downstem, but not a perc and ashcatcher.
    You could get a straight tube(or beaker just w/o perc), with a diffy and ac.

If your worried about breaking it around friends, make sure you explain to and show them how to handle your glass, and set some firm rules.
    However if you don't want to spend a lot, you could still get a nice 5mm Ehle tube and an SSFG inline ac for about 200.

How thick is the Syn dome perc tube?

15. its not that they do not know how to use a bong its just we usually do stupid shit while were drunk you know what i mean?

16. #16 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    I don't, I don't drink.

LOL I think rule #1 is no drunk people can handle your bong.

Find a place to put it that's out of the way when your not smoking from it.
    If your friends can't control themselves enough to not break your things then decide which you want more.

Seriously I think you should also get a keck clip and an extra slide.

17. the syn mini dome is not draggy,, get a non reducing diffy, and ull b set

18. I myself own a mini-showercap, I fucking love it. It's one of my favorite pieces hands down. When I first started collecting glass and my friends started asking questions, the first thing my buddy did was run out and buy one of the SYN mini beakers with dome percs. After hitting my showercap, and his mini beaker back to back, I definitely say the showercap would curbstomp that beaker any day of the week. Plus, I think that the mini beaker is a little too small. A lot of my pieces are kind of big, so when I held his tiny little beaker I couldn't help but feel like I was holding a small vial of magic potion or something, rofl!

My vote goes to the mini-showercap, all the way!!

19. what does a non reducing diffy mean?

20. diffuser with both male and female joints 18mm
    instead of a 18male 14female