Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help on making STRONG hash tincture.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Shambles, Nov 25, 2014.

1. hey guys, i have 29g of keif that i have been collecting from the screen collector in my buster for over two years.

i recently weighed it and it was 29g, now i want to make a really strong tincture with some of this hash. 

Im going to be using ever clear, the strongest they have I'm pretty sure 150 proof. 
    i have some questions before i go ahead and do this.

first of all should i decarb this hash in the oven before mixing it? i have heard mixed reviews on hash needing to be decarbed or not? 

Im unsure on which route to go to make this the strongest i can, crockpot way (leave on low setting for a few days) or the double boil method?

What ratio should i shoot for with hash/alcohol? I want this to be very strong!

if someone could shed some light on this that would be awesome, as i can't really find anything on HASH tinctures.

Thanks! :bongin: 

Attached Files:

2. #2 mrsilly, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Same disclaimer done on my cell phone.

We like 2-3 grams per oz of 190 Everclear, try to get the 190 it does a better job of carrying and stripping the cannabanoids and THC. 150 will work with the hash tincture not quite as well. So, 29 grams should make 10 oz of very strong dragon. If you like you can use as little as 1 gram per oz. You would just have to use more droppers for dosing.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416895071.416277.jpg

1 g of hash = about 3.5 grams of bud.
    So to keep it simple we will go with the equivalent of 10 grams of bud in one oz of Everclear.

Using the formula above. Each oz dropper bottle holds 30 ml. Each dropper is a ml. 10g * by 30 =.33 of a gram. Very nice dose. With Mediables you should only take as much as you would smoke in a sesh. You may want to titrate with 1/2 a dropper. You can always take more.

Decarb your hash sealed well in an aluminum foil pouch. Put in a preheated oven @220f for 15 min then shut the oven off and let sit in there for another 5 min.

Remove from oven then freeze overnight. We do this in pint mason jars. Here is one cup of ground bud equals about 30g.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416894730.049614.jpg

Put your 190 proof Everclear in the freezer overnight as well. Use 8oz
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416894854.981394.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416894795.832279.jpg

Combine in a mason jar and shake for 15 min.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416894964.581353.jpg

Return to the freezer overnight. Remove do not shake pour off the top portion through a coffee filter into a second mason Jar. Doing your best not to disturb the Tric's on the bottom.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416894912.531546.jpg

Leaving the hash and a little golden dragon.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416894912.531546.jpg

Add more frozen Everclear to cover the hash left by an oz or so. Should be 2 oz or so. Shake 15 min. Return it to the freezer over night. Give it a good shake then strain it through a metal strainer, followed by a strain through a coffee filter. Try to squeeze all the golden Dragon out of the hash in the metal strainer. Into the coffee filter. If you want it clean you can strain it through a coffee filter again. Combine all the Golden Dragon Into 1mason jar. Fill one oz dropper bottles for easy dosing.

I do not mind the hash in my Dragon so I stir a little each time before I fill a dropper bottle including a little of the trichomes with each 1 once bottle. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416895554.281119.jpg

If you would like your tincture even stronger you can reduce it to concentrate the Golden Dragon further. Place your mason jar in a small pan with a face cloth folded up in the bottom filled with water well below the liquid in the mason jar. Do this with your ventilation fan blasting on high. The boiling point of Everclear is 170 degrees so a simmer setting or very low boil should work fine. Reduce until you attain the strength you desire.

Happy Mediables Growmies!
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hash thats over 2 years old is still good?

Yeah, it's still good and he does not need to decarb it. Here's another guide similar to mrsilly's and the thread has a lot of feedback from others doing the same thing very successfully. It's very easy and is probably as good a Green Dragon as anyone can make with flowers because you control the potency and it's so fast...and did I mention easy? And if you're using 151 it's the only way to go.  :smoking:

151 Kief Dragon Tincture