Help on making a bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by rubixcube, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Ok so im trying to make a bong out of a tequila bottle and i need to drill through it to make a hole for the stem. What type of drill bit should i use? (dont say diamond bit, too expensive)

2. Diamond bits expensive?

Lol, do you think Zales makes them or some shit?

3. yeah... they're like 6-10 bucks. if that's out of your range, then theres no way in hell you're 18.

4. Or he could just not make a whole grip of money.

Some people live paycheck to paycheck and have to save up for a $15 splurge. Maybe in this case his splurge is a G of weed and he wants to make a glass bong with stuff he has laying around.

Anyhoot. Using anything other than a diamond drill bit will crack the glass.

If you must try it with a regular drill bit, put the part that youre drilling under water, and don't put too much pressure on it.

5. I live paycheck to paycheck. Diamond bits are not expensive.

Do not use a regular drill bit. You'll get a bunch of broken glass everywhere.

Hit up your local Lowe's or Home Depot. Wear safety glasses, pour water on it as you're drilling and clamp it to something. You don't want a hand full of shards if you bust it.

6. I took a glass sobe bottle and turned it into a like steam-roller tool. Without better drill bits, I had to go with the regular ones. I didn't have any spare cash on me, and I was already home, you know. I just took it really slow and easy, no pushing hard on the glass and to my luck it didnt shatter. I'd definitely buy the diamond bit, unless you're just using a random glass bottle. :)

It really did make for one satisfying smoke, seemed to take much less to get high compared to my bowl.

7. check out the SEMS1 Method, just do a quick search on it on GC, its pretty much a... Plastic glass bong. Youll see, i made one similar and DAMN it hit good til i got my real glass. Kept me tied over anyways. Check it out.