Help On Lighting Newbie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Howling, May 9, 2012.

1. :wave:Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased: 100% Feminised Fast Bud # 2 Auto Cannabis Seeds - they should be with me in a couple of days - they say it should take 5 weeks to smoking. I have a small cabinet see pictures - this was my last crop from normal Feminised seeds took 2.5 months to this stage - now drying the buds ready for smoking! Now I am looking to buy a Dual Spectrum Grow Lamp 125W for the small cabinet I am using - will this lighting do the trick? Your help before I buy would be much appreciated.

Thank you Howling

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      372.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      367 KB
      Views:
  2. How big is that cabinet?

3. IMO get a bigger cabinet with a HID lamp. It's not like it makes too much of a difference in the big picture, except your grow will REALLY be on....

4. 5 weeks until finished product?
    As said above;;I really feel some extra kick behind those lights would really help. Heres a couple suggestions.

1.Get 150w hps (or bigger) - you might need some ventilation or fans depending. IF you go higher then 150 i know for a fact youll need a way to cool it. Hps would be fine since your doing autos right;;they should basically start flowering shortly after establishing.

2.If your going go with cfls;;Id get more individuals than one big one and hang them around the plant. This way light will get to all those individual bud sites. Id also have atleast 150 ACTUAL watts of cfls as a minimum

What ever you decide to do;; good luck and i hope the best for ya!