Help on High End/Respectable Glass Piece

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by gjohnson, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Ok so I have about 500-650 to spend on a nice glass piece and accessories (new grinder/case ect.) and was hoping to hear what the folks here on grasscity would suggest.

I was thinking about the Vertigo 50mm Tiny Inline to Shower head ($350) as I could get that a large Cosmic Case and a 20" padded duffel for about $500 after shipping.

But I would like to know what you all think would be the best purchase for my budget any help I can get is gladly appreciated :D

2. Need to be more specific. Do you mostly smoke flowers, errl, or will you be using this glass to vape?

Base your opinion off of size, diffusion, drag, aesthetics, etc.. There's lots of stuff you can get for that price. All depends on what your really looking for.

3. Well I mostly smoke flowers as concentrates are hard to come by where I'm located and they go quick when they do come around. But when I get my new job I might consider making my own so something that could do well with either?

Anyways size isnt a huge matter to me but is prefer something that I can use comfortablely sitting between my legs so under 18" also because like I said I was looking at that 20" duffel .

As to aesthetics, drag, diffusion, ect I would prefer something smooth with minimal drag but I'm not entirely sure what would be good for that as the only other piece I've owned is my first which is a WeedStar Inline which is smooth to me but I have nothing to compare it to.

As I said any help is appreciated as my knowledge on high end glass is kind of minimal. I know tree/dome percent are high on drag and no more than two percs are really need but beyond that I don't know all that much about buying a nice piece.

4. I would get a Kush Scientific Puckolator if I had that much cash to blow on a piece.

5. Seems like an interesting piece know a good site to order from, and has anyone heard anything about them this is the first I've seen of kush scientific, how do they compare to other pieces, also what would the price of that be around?

6. Im going for some Sheldon black glass soon

7. Sheldon Blacks seem like very nice pieces my friend owns one of their eight arm bubblers and it hits pretty smooth but I dont really know of any vendors for them.

8. You can try a
    -SGW Double waffle $600
    -Dave Goldstein 65mm convertible $550
    -Sovereignty Stem 8 $500
    -Möbius 65mm stereo Matrix $480

There's plenty of other good ones too. Those are just a few.

9. Ok thanks I like the stem 8 but I can't find one anywhere really :(

Has anyone tried the 65mm stereo Matrix bubbler? I seem to like the looks of mini/bubbler type pieces would the size difference/angled mouth piece/tube affect drag or smoothness at all? Because I find a lot of the full size pieces have exactly similar percs in a mini/bubbled version and I just find them more pleasing to the eye for some reason :cool:

10. Stem 8s are really hard to find and very sought after so they sell extremely fast.

11. You can definitely get the dave goldsteins for way cheaper than $550 depending on if you want work or not. I got a 13" unworked one for $300 out the door. But I second everything this guy said except i would get the 60t stereo matrix instead of the 65t, only because the smaller size makes it more manageable and better for concentrates. The stereo matrix will be the smoothest option out of all these suggestions (extremely close to, maybe even no smoother than the dg) but just as versatile for smoking both flower and concentrates as the double waffle. so it comes down to personal preference. The DG is cool too, it stacks bubbles all the way to the top of my piece, its really good for flower

12. I've hit them both, the only problem with the 65b style is that water collects at the bottom of the mouthpiece and gets in your mouth when you clear it.

13. [quote name='"canibuss"']

You can definitely get the dave goldsteins for way cheaper than $550 depending on if you want work or not. I got a 13" unworked one for $300 out the door. But I second everything this guy said except i would get the 60t stereo matrix instead of the 65t, only because the smaller size makes it more manageable and better for concentrates. The stereo matrix will be the smoothest option out of all these suggestions (extremely close to, maybe even no smoother than the dg) but just as versatile for smoking both flower and concentrates as the double waffle. so it comes down to personal preference. The DG is cool too, it stacks bubbles all the way to the top of my piece, its really good for flower[/quote]

I don't think you can get a 65mm disc for $300.
    I know the 50mm discs are about that price though.

14. Ok I thanks for the help I like the 60t from what I've seen, I would look into a DG but A L T seems to only have 2 in stock in my price range, the Mini Can with Colored Fritted Disc Perc ($600) Or the 16" Straight with Fritted Disc Perc ($360), how do these compare to the 60t and do you know any better sites for DG or Mobius for that matter?

15. #15 canibuss, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    Man, honestly.. i can't tell whats smoother, my dg or my stereo matrix.. they're both just really smooth tubes so you definitely can't go wrong with either one. i actually want to trade my 13" dg for a mini can because i think the mini can would be better for dabs, and it would retain flavor a lot better.. the dg kills flavor. But as far as sites go, i don't know any besides a l t unfortunately.

edit: check boromarket.. theres always stuff popping up on there

16. You can check n v s glass works. They don't post prices but you can call and ask

17. #17 gjohnson, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    Oh ok and how's the 60t on flavor? And thanks ill check out boromarket.

Edit: hmm Idk about boromarket now $50 subscription just to view the sellers threads :(

18. oh yeah.. i forgot about that 50 dollar subscription haha. its a real bummer.
    The 60t, as far as flavor goes, is nice in my opinion and its way better than the david goldstein. its not as flavorful as other less diffused pieces tho.. but its not bad for what it is.

19. Ok cool I think ill go with the 60t should I buy a new slide for it or keep the 4 hole that it comes with.Trying to figure out what to add for the free shipping I'm at $544 with a large cosmic case and 20" duffel bag. Can't really think of anything else I would need but any suggestions would be welcome. Then again the UPS ground is about 13 while usps is 28 so I may just pay it and save the extra $28-$43

20. Chico Kush dot com is the place for kush scientifics. Such beautiful work