Help On Auto Northern Lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by INaCHAIR, Jun 22, 2014.

1. This baby is about three weeks old from sprout. Too me it looks a little small but what do I know. First time grower and all I have is 2 CFCs running total about 2300 lumens maybe 8900 k. So do you guys think it's a runt or should I as more lights? Sorry total noob here. Do you guys think its a female/male? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403405642.274272.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403405653.482712.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403405665.802945.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You need WAYYY more light (going off of the pictures, not the stats, all though you want to shoot for 5,000 though) but that plant looks like it could just fall over. 

3. Is your baby a auto? If so.... I think all autos are female, I never heard of a auto male. Like Corn Man said you need more light shoot for a 100 true watts for her to start with then if needed add more.

4. #4 GoldGrower, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    2300 lumens? So that must be about 32 watts? That is enough for a plant of this size so I'm guessing the bulbs are too far away because it is a little stretchy.

2000-7000k is most suitable Kelvin temperature, I have never seen a 8900k bulb, so perhaps this could be your problem.

You will need to add more light soon though, as much as your temperature or wallet allows. More light = More growth.

I wouldn't worry that the plant is stretching, once it's 4' tall and flowering you will not car that it's first couple of internodes are 3" lol. But it is a sign that the light isn't intense enough for optimal growth.

How far away do you have the bulbs from the surface of the leaves? About 2" or as close as temperatures allow is what you want 

@[member="greenmanaleshi"] you can have male autos, same as photoperiod sensitive plants