Help! not sure what to do next for this sativa.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chocolatethai, Nov 17, 2019.

?

Do i defoliate?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hey Buddies,

So here's the scenario, this is likely a wild Thai Landrace as the seed came from stick (bad genetics I'm sure only 1 out of 20seeds popped) it very heavily LST-ed in a 2 gallon smartpot of Biochar soil + 35% perlite and note, I have run out of pot space.

It is 2 months old (super slow growth, I think maybe, I'm not sure) swapped to 12/12 one month after veg in hopes to reduce the overall height as I read sativas can grow into monsters.

So right now after doing almost constant vertical LST (very close to soil) After running out of pot space she is (yes my one and only first plant is a girl, blessed) finally allowed to grow upwards (she is by right vertically 1.5ft to 2ft). So yea, I'm having the issue of fan leaves blocking what I feel are potential smaller budsites. POLL QUESTION, do I defoliate some leaves for budsites to be exposed to more light? Or let it go beast mode? It just showed sex 9days ago.

Im super concerned at the potential height of this strain any experienced ones that have done a Landrace before? Will it continue to really shoot up? Any tips?

Also to whichever expert that has time to educate. Is it doing okay? I believe it's overall health is okay but there's constant worrying and wondering if it's fed enough. (around 820ppm) every other day. It gets NPK 14-27-27, Humate+Seaweed Extract, Blackstrap molasses, Cal-MagPlus. Micro nutting every watering at 6.45ph.

Do be kind and educate with details for this first time grower.

Thanks a bunch!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. well reckon its going to get big could triple its height too ,looks well fed as well,,so its been about a Month in veg and then you flipped to 12/12 ..and no sign of perflowers or any flowering ,,trouble is where plant comes from is near the equator and can sativas grow from seed to flower on 12/12 ,,you could have started the plant straight off on 12/12 .sativa.landraces can take 14-16 months ti finish flowering ,,,,what you could do id take cutting/clones get then to root and straight on to 12/12 flowering that might help keep plants short ,,,,sorry i aint been that much help mate ,,so luck with your plant ,,,mac,,

3. #3 Chocolatethai, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    She's preflowered 9 days ago. Nah man you've been a good help, any advice is much appreciated. I reckon you're right to clone and straight on 12/12 of the bat.. but Its so hard to part with her and I have like space for just one plant at max height for 3ft. Feeling screwed mate.

Anyone else got feedback?