Help! Newbie here!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MVgenetics, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Somebody help!!! What’s wrong with my girl?!? Not feeding any nutes yet- in FFOF soil/coco/perlite A IMG_8321.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Why did you mix coco with your soil?
    And what is the soil/coco ratio?

3. Better drainage and just better medium overall I’ve heard. Should I just use FFOF only with perlite next time? My soil isn’t the issue.. I think it’s because I used distilled to water every time no calmag added at all.. maybe that could be it? Anything will help buddy. Thanks again.

4. How do you know your soil isn't the issue? At this stage, I don't know what else it could be.
    Most people amend their soil with peat moss, not coco.
    The perlite is what will give you good drainage.
    Coco is an inert soilless medium and it has a different pH requirement for proper nutrient uptake than soil.
    It all depends on how much you added.

• Like Like x 1
  5. About 30 percent 50 percent soil and 20 percent perlite. How could I fix my issue now? I have just regular FFOF and perlite I could mix up.. but they’re already in the cups growing. What could i do? They haven’t been transplanted yet, most are still working on their second or third set of true leaves

6. Just mix the soil with perlite when you transplant.
    I'm not a soil grower but based on what I read from a lot of soil growers on this forum.......most say FFOF is too hot for seedlings.

7. Yeah I’m thinking I’ll just leave the coco out - thanks buddy

8. Make Your Own Coco Coir Soil Mix! - Coir.com

Heres a lil info about what ur doin so u understand better,,,,it can be used but can get tricky!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

9. Thanks buddy, you thinking they’re ready for calmag? Using distilled only.

10. I wouldnt hit them with anything yet and see what it does,,and just try n wait till transplanting time,,,ur first grow out the gate this way may be to advanced out the gate!

11. Yeah.. I mean how do I simplify? Lol

12. Just use tap water. Until you see a change and let it do its thing till it gets a little more developed. Then gradually introduce the cal mag if needed. Also soil can be tricky. On another thread a guy said that fox farms soil can be a little hot for a small plant and suggested that if used do it after 2weeks of veg. Just an idea. Take your time and good luck

13. Transplanted- took her out. Her entire leaf turned brown. IMG_8988.JPG This is my other girl- I transplanted all 7 of them into 1 gallon pots last night and mixed in some terp tea and sprinkled some mycorrhizae into finger deep holes and covered them back up. They were entirely root bound, all 7 of them. :( I’m so new.. didn’t see any roots. My holes weren’t big enough to view them. So I decided to just check and BOOM. I used rapidstart last week and damn. Hope they make it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looks good!

• Like Like x 1
  15. BF642E89-B520-4242-BD73-20BCB7C70C9B.jpeg
    Thanks buddy! Here’s her sister... she’s starting to get the brown patch on her top leaf.. not the black specks that’s from transplanting. Hope you can see it and hopefully help! I’m worried! I love my baby wedding cake!!!

16. Hopefully just shock from the tp give a few days n see what she does

17. Well it’s looking just like the spot on her sister had :( I’m praying for the best!!! Thanks buddy!!!

18. Hopefully nothin major man,,when was it tped?

19. Yesterday, but my roots were bound but my plants are that big so I don’t know why that would cause them to not properly get nutes. I am overwatering the fuck out of them.. but maybe mold? Could mold I’m unaware of in the garage cause brown patches?!

20. Oh if it was yesterday they need few days to think straight lol

• Like Like x 1