Help. New grower problem. Never seen anything like this before.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tom1338, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Okay here is all the information:

Outdoor grow of The Church from GHS
    approx 9weeks old just starting to flower after 21 june summer solstice.

Have been feeding and watering using the 2" method. Using a weak strength high N plant food.

Recently switched to Sulphate of Ammonia as the plant food ran out. Have had a slight problem with aphids and ants but that is pretty under control now.

Some of the new growth on the budsites has become distorted, brown and twisted. Also the leaves are starting to develop brown spots and brownness around the veins. Mainly on newer leaves (top half of plant).

See pics below for info.

My gut instict is to flush the fuckers. But they are still wet from the last watering. If I flush them now would it be like over watering them?

Imageshack - p1000722n.jpg
    Imageshack - p1000720t.jpg
    Imageshack - p1000721k.jpg
    Imageshack - p1000724f.jpg
    Imageshack - p1000725b.jpg
    Imageshack - p1000730t.jpg
    Imageshack - p1000727.jpg

2. i think you have a ph problem cal and baron lockout
    you need to check the ph

3. I checked PH... It is waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too low. Around 5.5 infact.

The soil at the moment is still fairly damp from the last watering. Should I flush them now or wait until the soil has dried out a bit? Last thing I need to add to the list of problems is overwatering.

Also the water I use is around 6.5. Standard tap water PH around here. Will that be okay to flush with. I think that an overuse of epsom salts has caused this to be honest.

Thanks

4. use some lime when you flush that will help bring the ph up
    try to scratch the lime in the soil before you flush
    start with a little bit at first then if you need more add more but don,t use to much

5. Thanks inkman. I just flushed them and added a bit more soil into the top of the posts. Fingers crossed:confused_2:

6. no problem you can also spay the plant with a fert mix spay only in the morning
    at day light that will help the def make sure that you mix half strength of the label
    and it needs to have baron and cal

7. Man, dont use "Refridgerator Remedies" to fix your weed problems. Do it right.

Why in Hell did u use SA dude ??? It waznt becuz food ran out...it was cuz u were lazy.

Im kindly suggesting u do some research. It will help u.

PS: the only kinda Lime that is good for the soil is actual LIME (ya know, the powdered Calcium Carbonate derivative that they use to draw lines on fields with). It will bring down the Ph of "hot" soils.

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap", is a very true saying. Best of luck tho.

Freak
    :smoking:

8. Oh ya,

It wuz Ca/Mg def, by the way. :smoking:

9. If it was Mg def I have been giving it ALOT of epsom salts, which have worsened the problem if anything. I think that if anything I have used too many epsom salts and it caused a lockout of some vital nutes.

10. i,m not the one who needs to do research thinks any way
    and i was not talking about lime juice i was talking about powder lime
    you need to look at the pics again it not ca/mg its ca/b lock out due to ph being to low
    but thinks for you opinion