Help... New Grower has a few questions..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tom1338, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Hi, I have bought some of "The Church" seeds and found myself a perfect spot; sunlight, away from prying eyes etc.

But I'm not 100% on what I want to be doing now. I know that obviously I need to keep the seeds indoors for around 3-4 weeks to get them strong and then move them into the soil. Will they be okay under a light for that time as I can't really get them outside.

Also when I move them what sort of soil mix do I need would a miralce-gro compost mixed with some homebrew compost and a bit of the native soil be okay? The miracle-gro has food in it for 3 months so with that and some bone and kelp meal it should be fine food wise surely?

Also how often/how much should I water? Should the ground be near always dampish or is it okay to water each plant it say 5 gal once a week rather than 1 gal a day?

How close can I space the plants the plot I have found is around 10footx10foot and i have 5 seeds?

Thank you for your help on this, lastly does anybody know what sort of yeild (min-max) i should expect from this strain and what the smoke is like. I hadn't ever heard of it before i bought the seeds but they seemed good from reviews.

2. If you are going to be grwoing buds outdoors, right now you should have your seeds germinating of plants started indoors.

As for the soil mix, I no longer recomend MG Organic soil and would have to try the new MG mix formula as it feeds for 6 months now instead of 3.

Water 2 times a week at first. You can help the ground retain moisture bu placing mulch or leaves arounf the base of the plant after watering.

The plants should be at least 1 foot apart. I've never grown this strain. Any plant outside by May 15th should yield 3-4 hundred grams.

Good Luck!

3. cheers, the seeds are arriving tomorrow and I will germ them straight away. I have made a light box for them once they have germ'd. It has a single flourescent bulb at the top with a computer fan hooked into the side to provide a small breeze to strengthen the stalks as they grow. What light cycle should I use? i obviously want to get them big enough to go outside asap. I was thinking of 22/2 as it gives them a slight rest but would it realistically work or do you have to use 18/6 or 24/0.

4. Bump... any ideas on the light issue. I dont want the cycle to be too intensive and then find the plants shocked into flowering when I put them outside... But i dont want them to be ages growing.. I need them outside in my plot asap.