Help! New Grinder Stuck Shut!

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Shanx420, Sep 29, 2009.

1. #1 Shanx420, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    Just bought this brand new $50 grinder and the top (the actual grinder part) is stuck shut! I opened it, and closed it to see how it grinds and it felt like it wouldn't grind much at all, and now it's just stuck shut!

What should I do? Is there anything I can do or do I have to call fucking grasscity and tell them they owe me a new grinder or 50 bucks? I'm not letting this slide. This is 50 fucking bucks and theres no reason the top should have gotten stuck!

Sorry if this sounds pretty aggressive but I'm really fucking pissed right now.

PLEASE! If you have any help to offer PLEASE do!

EDIT: I'm an idiot

2. Put it in a bag with iso and let it sit a bit, then try opening it.

3. It couldn't be that stuck, how sticky was your herb! Just try shaking it around a ton and pounding on it to see if some of the bud will come unlodged and make the grinder not stuck

4. I haven't even used it yet though. I opened and closed it, that's it! It then became stuck and won't budge. I can't even keep trying anymore, my hands are getting all sore.

This is unbelievable.

5. I would just pound it a few times on the table to try and open it... if that doesn't work maybe run it through some water or some shit... Olive oil might work, too.

6. Try prying it open with a butter knife.

If that doesn't work, unscrew all the parts, take out any screens or anything in there then try to poke the top off from the bottom.

7. Whoa man, before you get it all banged up and greasy, send that thing back to GC. I feel like they're legit enough that they'll handle it the right way. Whatever you do, don't get it unstuck somehow and grind up your herb, just to have it get stuck again. Then you CAN'T send it back cuz it has herb all in it. I'd just send it now while you still have the chance.

8. i had that happen once, maybe twice, with my grindstones after awhile it just came apart. i think i may have hit it/tapped it alot. like how ya hit a jar lid with a knife/spoon too get it too loosen up

9. To be honest just run it under some hot water for a little while and then try to open it again.

10. take a screw driver and poke it from the underside throw the holes. Push it out. That should work.