Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GRiM420, May 27, 2003.

1. ok this is what happened. some lady called the cops and told them that there was a kid sitting in front of the school rolling a joint, and gave them my description. i dont know how the fuck she got the idea i was rolling a joint because i never did. well then the pig came pulled me inside and told me to empty my pockets. i didnt know what was going on so i told him no. you dont have my consent to search me unless you give me a probable cause. he says we can do it your way or we can do it my way. then i said you cant search me without a probable cause then a second pig came in and took down my info. they noticed my knees shaking cuz i was scared as hell. then the pig came back and said well ok im gonna frisk you. he said it was in his jurisdiction because it was for his safety. i didnt say anything but he searched me anyways and found a baggy with weed in it. i just want to know if i will be protected by the 4th amendment of illegal searches. is what the woman said enough evidence to conduct a search or does he need a warrant?

2. get a lawyer quick! If you get a lawyer then they'll know you mean business and probably dismiss the case because of your 4th amendment right. That was an illegal search and seizure most likely.

3. do what he said...............

4. Was the search on school property? Because if it was, the cop was within his legal rights. Students do not have the same rights at school, they can at anytime search you if they feel you have something.

5. it was after school. like 2 hours after school ended. i was waiting for someone to pick me up. fuck i shouldve just walked home. and it was by a different cop. not the one that works for the school.

6. Amendment IV to the Constitution: "The right of people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

papers, heh heh... seriously though...

Get a lawyer if you can. Too bad there aren't many pot- friendly pro bono lawyers, not that I know of anyway.

if you don't mind me asking, what state? if the state's laws are harsh, expect to at least be having to take drug tests if you don't get a lawyer. thats what i'm stuck with, and it sucks.

7. If he reached into your pocket because he felt something suspicious on the pat-down, it's probable cause and you're screwed. If, on the other hand, he just reached into your pocket without your consent or probable cause, you need to get a lawyer and you should be o.k.

8. its cool. the whole shit is settled. all i got was alternative school for 45 days. im cool with that. fucking bastards wanted to send me to JJA (county). its a shit school where they lock you in so you cant escape. and the teachers have every right to beat the fuck out of you.