help needed.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nenu, Jul 21, 2007.

1. hi, i'm currently on my second grow. i have two northern lights females growing. one is on 24/7 light,and the other has been on 12/12 for 8 days now.. still no signs of any white hairs. i seem to be having some sort of problem with the one on 12/12 the leaves are curling and wilting on the bottom only. the top is very healthy.. (please see pics below)
    my ph is about 6.3, i feed it tomatoe fert at half the recomended dose.. can someone help me with my lady please???

Attached Files:

2. bump...

3. Whats the nutrient contents?

Curling older leaves could be over fert, or Magnesium deficiency.

Can you get a closer shot of the curling?

4. the nutrient content i am using is "npk fertiliser solution containing MG with trace elements 4-4-8,total nitgogen (n) 4%,phosphosus pentoxide soluble in water 4%,potassium oxide 8%,magnesium oxide soluble in water 0.08%, baron soluble in water 0.0018, copper soluble in water and chelated by EDTA 0.0013%,iron soluble in water and chelated EDTA 0.0056%,maganese soluble in water and chelatedby EDTA 0.0034%,molybdenum soluble in water 0.0011% and zinc soluble in water and chelated by EDTA 0.0011%" thats the contents it gives on the back of the bottle of ferts.. i have taken another couple of pics hope they are close enough... thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

5. I had the same problem with one of my girls. If she is your biggest, this could be the result of being rootbound. After I transplanted mine, she perked right up.

6. you said after you tranplanted it perked up?? but did the leaves that were already curly straighten up? cause i did transplant but the leaves that were already curly didn;t straighten and i'm thinking maybe its something else.

7. You need to post in the sick plant section, ganja guerilla will fix your problem if you answer all his questions he ask you. All you need to do is post the pic and answer the questions good luck. If you don't feel like retyping the thread you can IM THEHEMPRESS she will move it to sick section if you want her to just ask.

8. thankyou. i got it moved... hopefully someone will help me a little here...

9. your fan leaves that are curling is from Nitrogen toxicity...."the claw"

the leaves will not recover from this , just ugly eh

you need to flush your plant to leech out the excess ferts
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require more
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush

10. ok so let me see if i got this correctly... if i flush the plant the leaves that are already curly will stay that way??? will it effect the rest of the leaves?? also can you give me a reoson why this happens as i had the same problem on my first grow also... will it effect yield and potency??? ganga thanks a lot for your help and i look forward to hearing from you again...

11. yes they will stay in the claw , new leaves will be fine if all the excess ferts were leeched out during the flush

the reason this happens is from over fertilization, not all strain react the same way I have one strain that doesnt care for ferts very much
    depends on what your using for ferts and what amounts, & frequency

no affect on potency and the only yield you loose is the time recovering from the shock, so no worries you have time to recover and bud nicely

however, fert burning in the later 5-6-8 week stages can be devastating

what ferts are you using, for veg and what have you for bud cycle?

12. i'm using tomatoe ferts with npk 4-4-8... i'm using it for both veg and flowering.. is this good??? were i come from we have no grow shops and such... i flushed it today.. when do i give it ferts again please??? and why is it that i have 2 plants i bought the seeds from the same company.. they are both northern lights female.. same soil same watering and same ferts, i am keeping one on 24/7 lighting so i can take clones and i got one on 12/12.. the one on 24/7 lights looks great no claws nothing, and the one on 12/12 is having these problems? i find that quite strange..

13. there is more than once source of nitrogen when it comes to chemical fertilizers, some arent as forgiving as others, for example your ferts are npk 4-4-8

what I use and find difficult to burn my plants has NPK 24-8-16 with micronutrients
    MG I recommend is really high in nitrogen, for vegatative growth

use this it will make a word of difference, both available at any garden center & its cheap, really cheap:D

Vegatative cycle fertilizer
    Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food (they make several fertilizers be sure its this one)
    http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm...t/documentId/637153cfaa6b1ff545c0236933b0a7a4
    Fertilizer Analysis: 24-8-16 with micronutrients
    2 level "Teaspoons" per gallon of water, (reduce this by 50% first time application) use this as your water, feed every other watering till flowering

Flowering cycle
    I recommend Fertilome, Root Stimulator and plant starter....
    the NPK is perfect: 4-10-6
    2 teaspoons per gallon of water every other watering........ use this as your water ...discontinue use 3 weeks prior to harvest...flush last 2 weeks...I also like to add 1 tablespoon of unsulphured molasses to the last gallon of the flush......thats it no more water .....

14. hi ganga,
    first off i appreciate your help man.. the ferts you told me about i can get easily "miracle grow" its the blue granule type right>?>? but the one you told me for the flowering cycle (which is the one i need most) i can't get anywere.. i am in europe so we dn't get the same products as anywere else.. do u know a site online were i can get it please?? a site that ships to europe if possible... also another question please.. you say flush 2 weeks prior to harvest... my question is how do i know the plant has 2 weeks to go???? also were do i get "unsulphured molasses" and what is it exactly? thanks for your help... i look forward to hear from you again...

15. is the miracle-gro water soluble all purpose plant food w/ a npk of 20-20-20 w/ micro nutes ok to use for vegging or is the 24-8-16 better.

16. The molasses you can get at the grocery store it will be where the pancake syrup is located. It usually says on the bottle unsulfured molasses.

17. jcj77d
    the MG ferts I chose was the best from testing, it clearly leans heavily towards nitrogen....which is what we want in veg

18. ok nenu, been away a few days

you can get fertilome ferts on ebay, you really can use another product just try to match the NPK values that fertilome has

as to when to flush.....when the trichs begin to turn cloudy your a few weeks from finishing, get a hand help microscope ONLINE radio shack $10.00

molasses from the baking dept at the grocery store

Attached Files:

19. ganga,
    ok man i found the microscope for 8.75 and the fertilome you talked about... thanks a lot man. just waiting for the delivery now.. is it ok to give it miracle grow till the fertilone arrives???

Grasscity Deals Near You