Help needed with harvest soon

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stealthzzz, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Hello GC!:wave:

How do I know it is 2 weeks before harvest? What is the the milky/amber/clear ratio on the trichs? Is there something on the plant that indicates that it is approx 2 weeks before harvest? I want to make sure to flush for 2 weeks to get all the chemicals out 100%.

Thanks in advance:)

2. Ok, the trichomes turn from clear, to milky, to amber. Theres no definitive point at which to harvest, the longer you leave it, typically, the more stoned (as oppose to high) you will get from the smoke. As a general rule of thumb (if your not fussy) then you can aim to harvest when the trichs are about 50% amber. You should get a feeling for when your plant is reaching maturity, under a microscope, you may want to start flushing when you start seeing some trichs turning amber.

3. forgot to ask... what nutes are you using? I typically wein my plants off the nutes over the last few weeks, then flush them for the last week.

4. [quote name='"justatoruser"']forgot to ask... what nutes are you using? I typically wein my plants off the nutes over the last few weeks, then flush them for the last week.[/quote]

I am using the Lucas formula with advanced nutrients. I am also using big bud, bud candy, b-52, voodoo juice and overdrive.

I forgot to mention that I will prob harvest 50/50 milky and amber. I want a 2 week flushing period to clear all the chemicals. I'm on my first grow so I'm not sure what trichs are like 2 weeks before harvest.

5. Well what colors are they now? As stated above, when they start to turn amber you can start thinking about flushing.

6. Thats a fair concoction of chemicals your using, not surprised your keen on flushing :p

7. [quote name='"Grower409"']

Well what colors are they now? As stated above, when they start to turn amber you can start thinking about flushing.[/quote]

I'm not sure of their color yet. I have to go purchase a magnified glass Friday. They are 4 weeks 6 days into flowering. Strains are white rhino, chocolate chunk and master kush.

8. [quote name='"stealthzzz"']

I'm not sure of their color yet. I have to go purchase a magnified glass Friday. They are 4 weeks 6 days into flowering. Strains are white rhino, chocolate chunk and master kush.[/quote]

You still have some time before harvest, 4 weeks at the earliest (not sure of flowering time on your strains) so be sure to get that mini-scope in the next few weeks.

9. [quote name='"Grower409"']

You still have some time before harvest, 4 weeks at the earliest (not sure of flowering time on your strains) so be sure to get that mini-scope in the next few weeks.[/quote]

Yea at least 4 is good for me, I've got overdrive to use for 2 weeks :D