help needed with cfl/ hps setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rixxy24, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Just gotta wait for my phone to charge a little bit then will grab some since the lights are on

2. Sorry it took so long lol. too stoned.
    but here ya go, took a snap of my girl aswell :)

3. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']Sorry it took so long lol. too stoned.
    but here ya go, took a snap of my girl aswell :)[/quote]

Ahaa we have same cool tube, mines had its little wings put on and is yours connected? I think the glass alone is help though from heat is it?
    Nice plant bro what is she? I have too much going on with 4 but am clean out of percy from last lot and kinda panic potted lol.
    Your tent looks amaizingly clean sir v good. What watt is your bulb? Mines 600 hps and I seed, Veg and flower under it. :) nice grow.

4. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']Sorry it took so long lol. too stoned.
    but here ya go, took a snap of my girl aswell :)[/quote]

Also you got nice humidity in there how you achieve that? I am at unreadable (below 30%) at 29c daytime) : hot and dry poor girls) : nights cool but 4 hrs only.
    Ps a "photoperiod " plant, ie non-auto will be ok at 20/4 light dark seed/veg will she? She's only ickle and seems to enjoy the light. I dunno if I asked but what strain are you growing. Peace

5. Aha, We also have the same Carbon filter i think lol. Yeah I have the little wings for it, but I cant find the bits to connect them atm lol it will get done eventually.

Yeah, the glass helps because you can just blow the hot air away, i love it.

My plant is a CH9 Green Bud freebie i got, just a tester really to get my tent setup perfect.
    Also using a 600w HPS. Duel spectrum so using it from start to finsih, the same as you.

6. First off, I have a separate Humidity thing for Lizard tanks so I can get a better reading, its usually a couple % above my other one. I think its just hit & miss really, plenty of fresh air being pulled in. With the lights off it goes quite high, 60% maybe.

Yeah, should be fine at 20/4 lighting, but there is alot of growers who disagree which is best. I personally go with 18/6 as ive read alot of good things about it.

You did indeed ask what strain, its a CH9 Green bud.
    Got some others waiting to be seeded:
    Pineapple express
    Cheesy Dick
    Berry Bomb
    Auto Blueberry
    Sour Jack
    OG13
    Blueberry gum
    La Musa (Auto)
    Madness

7. #27 herb ballistic, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
    With no cool tube

Attached Files:

8. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']

First off, I have a separate Humidity thing for Lizard tanks so I can get a better reading, its usually a couple % above my other one. I think its just hit & miss really, plenty of fresh air being pulled in. With the lights off it goes quite high, 60% maybe.

Yeah, should be fine at 20/4 lighting, but there is alot of growers who disagree which is best. I personally go with 18/6 as ive read alot of good things about it.

Pineapple express
    Cheesy Dick
    Berry Bomb
    Auto Blueberry
    Sour Jack
    OG13
    Blueberry gum
    La Musa (Auto)
    Madness[/quote]

Mmmmmm sounds tasty. I like your pictured plant tho v nice. I'm off into grow now, just plucked shell casing off sleeskunk bless her she was all stuck :)
    Ill be here most of day so ill grab pics as I go :)

9. [quote name='"herb ballistic"']With no cool tube[/quote]

Hi .....how? :) are you magic? Lol NOT FAIR! my tents too hot, even now using cool tube its 28c And I have 3 fans going, no 4 sorry 1 is fan/heater for dark times. Anyone else ramble like mad before smoking 1st of day? Soz. Nice plants

10. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']

First off, I have a separate Humidity thing for Lizard tanks so I can get a better reading, its usually a couple % above my other one. I think its just hit & miss really, plenty of fresh air being pulled in. With the lights off it goes quite high, 60% maybe.

Pineapple express
    Cheesy Dick
    Berry Bomb
    Auto Blueberry
    Sour Jack
    OG13
    Blueberry gum
    La Musa (Auto)
    Madness[/quote]

I get high moisture at night I know that its just my days it dipps to like 20% ish. As for neg/pos pressure idk ill wait till a prob comes and attack lol.

11. GOOD extraction TD-SILENT Acoustic Inline Mixed Flow Duct Fan - Just Fans Ltd

12. have 5" in the DR120

13. #33 RiZL, May 9, 2012
    You have a bigger thent than me, Bigger tent = easier to cool with a single light. I NEED a cooltube with my 600w. even with a 5" vent system with my open reflector, i feel like im on a camping holiday, roasting marshmellows in the tent lol.

14. #34 RiZL, May 9, 2012
    Not happy today! Timer messed up & light was on over 12 hours!! Need 2 toke some of this white cheese I got lol.

Luckily, I only started 12/12 on sunday & have 3 spare timers.

On the plus side, temps where i live have dropped a bit in the East so should help with some temp issues. May have to invest in a little clip on fan to hang near a window, think that would help?

Edit: Just found this product, its a USB or battery powered "mini air cooler" Maybe worth a shot at £4 a pop. http://www.colubuy.com/gbp/usb-battery-2-purpose-mini-palm-air-cooler-snowman-gray-p12221.html

15. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']Not happy today! Timer messed up & light was on over 12 hours!! Need 2 toke some of this white cheese I got lol.

Luckily, I only started 12/12 on sunday & have 3 spare timers.

On the plus side, temps where i live have dropped a bit in the East so should help with some temp issues. May have to invest in a little clip on fan to hang near a window, think that would help?

Edit: Just found this product, its a USB or battery powered "mini air cooler" Maybe worth a shot at £4 a pop. http://www.colubuy.com/gbp/usb-battery-2-purpose-mini-palm-air-cooler-snowman-gray-p12221.html[/quote]

Ah East eh? I'm a Yorkshire man born n bred but moved to EA 3yrs ago to be "coastal" ! Could do with forming a clan if you are east anglia :) only so I can swipe some white cheese :)
    The fan maybe worth it yeah, I love this site, love looking at pics of setups etc and products people find. The rhino inline above is my next buy though.
    I messed my dark period up today! I've a roof light in area my tents in and I forgot to turn it off. At least I've only myself to blame I HATE it when timers die.

16. [quote name='"herb ballistic"']have 5" in the DR120[/quote]

So you run the rhino with a carbon filter and the 5"fan for intake? I think I remember the pic ....do you pop it in a vent space of tent? Is that you? Love it another idea I'm pinching :)

17. #37 rixxy24, May 9, 2012
    [quote name='"rixxy24"']

I get high moisture at night I know that its just my days it dipps to like 20% ish. As for neg/pos pressure idk ill wait till a prob comes and attack lol.[/quote]

La musa? I cant find her, which seed bank you use sir? I used seedsman and the tude oh and lowryder seeds via jd but still seedsman I recall. Ahh found la musa here:
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/delicious-seeds-la-musa-feminized/prod_2727.html
    Am in on those and will grab 5. Be good doin same strain as someone else at same time.

18. I am indeed east. about 10 miles from cromer (wont give exact details for obvious reasons lol but ive sent a friend request so feel free to PM me when ever)

Yeah i may have to look into it, anything that cools the room temp outside my tent is a plus, dont really have £200 for A/C lol.

La Musa is a Freebie from the tude. Strain is by Delicious Seeds. Believe it is a Auto version of belladona.

I use the tude mate, love them. Never had a problem. Got a sick G13 labs shirt today with my latest order.

Attached Files:

19. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']I am indeed east. about 10 miles from cromer (wont give exact details for obvious reasons lol but ive sent a friend request so feel free to PM me when ever)

Yeah i may have to look into it, anything that cools the room temp outside my tent is a plus, dont really have £200 for A/C lol.

La Musa is a Freebie from the tude. Strain is by Delicious Seeds. Believe it is a Auto version of belladona.

I use the tude mate, love them. Never had a problem. Got a sick G13 labs shirt today with my latest order.[/quote]

Whoop were NEIGHBORS buddy! I take kids to cromer beach lol. I'm more city centre but yeah ill accept friend req etc. I never get a shirt tut my missus orders me single beans so I miss out!
    Glad to meet you buddy.
    OMG just got bk after Dentists and my inline extractor had detached from tubing leaving it pumping all "cool tubes" heat into tent! Only hit 30c which shows cool tube is good cos yesterday 30c was my LOWEST temp.

ForumRunner_20120509_171913.png

Last pic shows some slow growing afgan kush ryders but by week 3 (bigger of 3) id expect more like big pic shows....my 5wk old easyryder.
    The teeny seedling is a sleeskunk :) to be sure.

ForumRunner_20120509_171929.png

20. Small world we live in ;)

They look good mate, what soil you using? Im using some John Innes at the min. Im looking into some biobizz all mix for my next grow, Not a fan of pre nuted soils like john innes although so far, my girl loves it!