Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help needed quick please, (bought my first pipe today)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HelloFriend, Sep 30, 2011.

1. but it also had 5 "Pipe screens" with it, looks like somekinda filters... what they are for and if i wanna smoke from pipe, do I HAVE TO use em ?

2. It depends on thse pipe if you need them. Some pipes have big holes and the screen stops the weed from falling through.

3. thank u sir!

4. No problem! Have fun.

5. Lol ya put em in your pipe its so you don't pull your budzzz through the pipe
    :hello:

6. I had a cheap like ~$5 metal pipe that I had to use them in otherwise all the herb would just fall right through into the stem. It was actually pretty nice because after I put a screen in there I could load up pretty deep bowls. I've never seen anyone use one on a glass pipe but that doesn't mean you don't need to on some I guess.

The reason they gave you 5 is because eventually they'll get all resiny and clogged and the pipe won't pull for crap. On my metal pipe they were a b*tch to get out, I would usually stab it through the middle with a pointy screwdriver then pull it out with a pair of pliers. I don't recommend trying something like that with a glass pipe though!!!

7. Thanks for ur feedback. Huh, I tried to put it inside my GLASSpipe, but it didnt fit in ?!?!?! what am I doing wrong? I like opened it up, and It didnt fit in the pipe, also tried to lay it on the pipe, where weed should be put and same thing , filter is TOO big for it to fit into pipe... hmm LOL

8. Pictures of all angles of pipe and screens. We will be able to help

9. Pack a bowl and see if any pulls through when you smoke..if it's glass you probably don't need screens

10. You need to form
    The screen into
    The shape
    Of the bowl

11. Glass pipes don't need screebs 99% of the time. The hole is small enough where it doesn't fall through.

12. i dont use a screen on a glass bowl, once it gets resind enough it wont suck through

13. honestly you probably dont even need a screen. if you really wanted to use one, try to bend the screen into a kind of rough cone shape with a pen or something, then smoke out of it for a while. it might fall out at first, but eventually resin will make the screen "stick" to the inside of the bowl. although i've only really known one person to use a screen on a glass bowl.

regardless, its probably not needed. on almost ever glass bowl, the hole at the bottom is small enough that bud wont fall through if you at least pack down the weed a little bit. if its a real problem, put a larger piece of bud or a chunk of a stem at the bottom of the bowl. this usually works pretty well to keep anything from getting pulled through.

14. Disregard screen, plug hole with nuglet :smoke:

15. Screens are the best for any pieces because you can grind up the weed twice as fine and pack twice as much as tight as you want. I've never got a bowl clogged that had a screen in it its just not possible. As for the resiny screens get a knife and pry it up from the side like that.

16. Yay,first post. Go me.

If it is a glass pipe they actually have screens that are designed to fit inside them,they're smaller then the circles for metal pipes so they fit in. Trying to use a metal pipe screen in a glass pipe May work,but you would have to cut and most likely shape it since most glass bowls tend to have their own unique shape.

If the hole isn't that big you can go sans screen,but expect an assload of salad for your first few packs in that pipe. eventually the resin will make the hole smaller so you'll get less. If you go with no screen I suggest loading larger nugs and less shake or you will be eating it.. Hope this helps..

17. No worries guys anymore, I got it to work and had a fucking amazing beautiful day after that :)

18. Scoooooby snacks