Help needed on first grow!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by v3ngence, May 31, 2007.

1. Well after enjoying ol' MJ for a while, I've decided that I would like to depend on myself for weed. So I'm only talking 1-2 plants for personal use. I'm currently making a grow cabinet that's pretty small but it's cover is being a bed table so it can;t be huge = / Dimensions are 14 x 15" base by "20 height. It's will be actively ventilated on the top and passively in the bottom and I will use two 42w cfl's as lighting, 84w total. I know the lighting is somewhat subpar but I will be hovering it above the plants as they grow. Now the main issue with my grow is space. I have a very small cabinet, though I've seen it done with smaller, and I'll be using either a SCROG net or basic LST. Because I'm not going to waste time with males I'll be ordering 4 fem seeds from doc. chron. as soon as I decide what strain to buy, any suggestions? I want an indoor plant that likes to grow low and compact but gives fairly decent yeild. Now assuming i get this operational, will it hold me off with 1 or 2 plants in there all year round if I only amoke and 1/8th or so a week?

So pretty much:
    SCROG or LST?
    Good fem strain for small plants?
    1-2 plants = set for life?

2. It really depends on the strain of the plant man and considering this is your first grow, expect it to not go correctly. It also depends on how much smoke. I used to smoke a half 1/8th usually a week with friends and when i got my own peice i graduated to an 1/8th in a week all to myself. The same is true when your growing, you can try to ween yourself but it could graduate to something more.

I think also the diemnsions of your growspace are very tight, especially if you want to hang lights off the top that will kill your height even more, i would try looking for a new space or possibly making a grow cabinet outside or something. Your origional space could be used to germinate seeds if you want to go for the cheaper route.

As much as strian, just go with something youve tried before or ask around if you know anybody. I would stay away from white widow ofcourse, HUGE A$$$$$$ BUSH but the budz are super sweet, just ask around im sure more will post and try to get it going.

Good luck