Help needed!!! **Now with pics**

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WhyAskWhy101, Jul 1, 2010.

1. #1 WhyAskWhy101, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ive searched every where and cant find an answer. One of my babies is starting to get rusty lookin spots all over the leafs on the bottom half of the plant. But there is something else going on, the center line that goes down each finger on the leafs are also turning a rusty color. When i got the magnifying glass out and looked closer, it looks to be little tiny spots all bunched up. At first it freaked me out cause I thought they were a shit ton of little bugs or parasites. But I can tell now that they are not alive, its just spots. The stems are also changing, they are turning a deep red/purple color. I also figured it cant be parasites because only one plant has this stuff and all the other plants are doing great. I cant get my pos camera to take pics close enough to see, its just to blurry.

Please if anyone knows what this could be please help me, +Rep for anyone that helps me cure my baby.

2. it sounds like spider mites to me...but i cant really say w/o a pic

3. more info about your setup....sounds like a defficiency though...nitrogen maybe?.....pics?....and nutes/no nutes....soil/hydro how old are they...give all the info you can

4. If it were spider mites or anything like that wouldnt they have spread to my other plants? I can see them pretty clearly and they dont move and I tried to wipe some of it off with a qtip and the stuff wouldnt move or come off at all.

I have 6 plants under a 600w HPS system with a MH conversion bulb in it. Plants are in 2 gallon pots, soil is mid grade organic soil w/o pre added nutes, im using nutes with a rating of 17-5-25 for veg and have only gave them one feeding of that so far, when they were younger I only gave them a weak solution of water and 5-5-5 nutes, they are about 22 days old.

You can see pics of my plants in my grow journal, just cant get pics up close without camera getting blurry.

5. If it is a defientcy of some sort, ive heard that you can dissolve a multi vitamin in water and feed it to your plants. Has anyone heard or tried this before? The vitamin have magnisuim and all the other stuff that plants need, so on paper it seems like it would work.

If it is mites then how do it get rid of them?

6. I just looked up spider mites and there isnt any signs that its them. It says they hangout on the bottom of the leaf, my stuff is on the top. It says there should be webbing from the spiders, there is no webbing on mine. It says they spread easy and none of my other plants have this. So i really dont think its mites, but just in case im going to make a mix of 3 parts water and 1 part rubbing alcohol and spray it down.

7. This is the best pic i can get. i put a magnifying glass infront of my camera and it worked, made the pic alot less blurry but didnt really make things bigger...

[​IMG]

This is just a pic of my little closet garden, plants are about 22 days old now I think maybe 23, cant remember.

[​IMG]

8. hey dude looks like it could poss be a MG or Cal def im not 100% but they can create "rusty/brown" spots like that, may be worth looking into, if not it may b another microelement thats deficent

9. yep reminds me of mag...calcium maybe too....i havent heard of the multi vitamin thing but i was just thinking the same thing the other day lol

10. I am failry certain that is a calcium deficiency. Mg deficiencies show smaller and more frequent spots that are light brown/tan. Ca deficiencies have this more dark brown/reddish look to them. It looks like you are pretty far into the problem. I think the best course of action for you, and really the only one, is to get yourself a cal-mag supplement. Something in the 3% calcium and 1.5% magnesium area should fix the problem.

Those leaves aren't ever going to heal, and even once you apply the treatment they might continue to show problems for a few days. Just stay the course and concentrate on keeping the new growth happy.

11. Are you using superthrive? I had same issue with one of my six and after a couple good feedings with a touch extra superthrive the rust went away

12. So everyone thinks its the same thing, thats pretty cool. Sounds like i just need to go buy some mag/cal suppliment. Thanks everyone...

No, im not using superthrive, ill look into it though.

13. You'll want both in the grow room anyway. I use both periodically and ph issues and deficiency issues were reduced dramatically

14. Yeah I looked at both of them on the internet and im heading down to worms way either later today or tomorrow. Looks like i can get Superthrive and Mag-Cal Plus for around $40 for both, which isnt bad at all.

Thanks again everyone...

15. I agree with the others there's a lack of a nute or to mjjch of one maybe? I would give them straight water for awhile to flush. They are still vegging so should'nt hurt IMO and if no ones suggested cut down on the amount because you might be over fertilizing. rule is to start with a small amount so they get used to it and as they grow start giving them more. Just a thought...

16. Its def not over ferting, I never start out with the recommended amount. I always give them less.

Im pretty confident on whats the problem now, went and got some Mag-Cal Plus and some Superthrive earlier today.