Help Needed Leaf Tips are Rams Horn Curling Claws

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Gman20, Jan 22, 2016.

1. I am in the second week of flowering in a DWC set up in a 2x2.5 tent with a 400w HPS, using a GH Lucas Formula and I have been dealing with severe Rams horn on some of the new growth and more of the older growth with tip clawing. PPM 1290 (.50 conv), PH5.8, RH 47% day time and 60% at night. Have stopped LST and the overall growth/health seems good, but I am worried about this condition affecting the quality. Please let me know what you think.I have attached some pics for the teams evaluation.

Attached Files:

2. Anybody see this post or did it not go through?

3. First and foremost she has a screaming Calcium deficiency! Get one Cal/Mag or up what you are already giving her.The clawing is common overfeeding response.

4. I'm giving the prescribed 5 ml per gallon of CaliMag, but sounds like I should be giving more. How much more should I be giving them? I have already reduced the nutes strength.

5. #5 crankz, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    No, she's salted up. Calcium is being locked out. Giving more will just make things worse. I only use 2ml per gallon of RO.
    Dump the res and flush with water for a few days. Then go back with around 600-800 ppms.

Edit: use some florakleen to help speed up the flush.

6. Thanks for the help crankz. Will Clearex work as well as the Florakleen as a flush?

7. Never tried it, but I bet it'd work just fine.

8. Cleared work just like Florakleen. I suggest flushing them bi weekly to prevent lockout.

9. Thanks KI. So biweekly you drain the rez, reserve with Pure water and add clearex. Recirculation for a couple hours, then drain rez again and re service rez with Nute solution?

10. I shoot for weekly to bi weekly. This way your plant will always be healthy and less chance of slime.