Help needed decarbed too long?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Looneybinn, Aug 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Okay so long story short I threw ground flower into a pan in the oven at 200°f intended for an hour, my roomie was supposed to take it out after 80 minutes... he didnt... it sat in there at 200 for around 20 hours... is it still good to use? Or do I basically have bud that will turn my brownies into sleeping meds

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. 20 hours??? Decarb takes 40 minutes I'd guess your weed is useless now

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Update: smokes fine, I'll just pop more in and tell my roomie to go f*ck himself

• Like Like x 1
  4. I wouldn't throw it away just yet... unless it smells and looks burnt.
    Standard decarb temp is 240 degrees, for 30 minutes, but yours should not have even gotten to 240 degrees, so It is still worth a box of brownie mix to find out !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds excessive but as was mentioned don't toss it before testing... i only decarb in small quantities with my vaporizer often stopping long before the famous "popcorn" smell begins... it works for edibles or smoking just fine.. there is a lot of info here and on youtube about time and temps using ovens going forward..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hope your roommate can cover the electric this month lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. If you didn't do 240, you did not decarboxylate.

20 hours? Were you stoned and forgot about it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I agree, but that reminds me of one video I saw somewhere, that supposedly proved it could be done at boiling temperature, 212, but took a lot longer that way... I did not try that ! Bella's way WORKS !

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Work smarter, not harder ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. While the standard for decarb is 240 F for 40 minutes if you still get stoned smoking it odds are it'll work OK in an edible.
    Weed naturally undergoes decarb as it ages and it's a function of temps and duration as well.
    I'm sure your 20 hours at 200 degs did the job.
    Mix it with just enough Coconut oil to fully wet the material. You want sludge like mud pie. Don't use more oil then that.
    That may be enough to trip on but I'd do a short processing after mixing in the oil.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze ( softens the material and makes it more palatable when eaten )
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Oil is done
    Now you can eat the oil directly or add it to the oil called for in a baked good like cookies or brownies and bake them normally following the boxes temp and time.
    Internal temps of baked goods are far lower then the oven temp it's cooked in.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Most of my best edible oil tips are here.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  11. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Go ahead Stig...Say "I told ya so" LOL this topic goes around a lot, don't it ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I left my weed in the baggie on the dashboard of my car in the sun
    it decarbbed

• Funny Funny x 1