Help needed building two tub dwc (rdwc?)

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Reggie Jr., Sep 7, 2016.

1. hi. I am a complete newb.

I am attempting to build a two tub dwc system which I can use to grow clone cuttings immediately.

I need help with the basics of building a system. I have looked online briefly at all of the many tutorials online and and I THINK I understand, but really, I have no idea what I'm doing at all whatsoever

My plan is to purchase two black tote tubs today from Walmart

Sterilite 18 Gallon Tote Box- Recycled- Black (Available in Case of 8 or Single Unit) - Walmart.com

I have pvc pipe laying around

I plan to purchase this 20-60 gph air pump from walmart

Aqua Culture: 20-60 Gallon, Double Outlet Aquarium Air Pump, 1 Ct - Walmart.com

Two air stones similar to this

Aqua Culture Bubble Aquarium Stone, 1ct - Walmart.com

And airline tubing

Airline Tubing, 25' - Walmart.com

Now I'm assuming all I need to do is connect the two tubs together at the bottom with the pvc pipe with hole drilled into the bottom of each of the tubs, drill small holes into the top of each tub near the lid for the Airline tubing....

And I just connect each of the two air stones to the one double tubed air pump that I am purchasing today, and stick each stone to the bottom of the two tubs I am purchasing. I also see where it is preferred that I find air stones with suction cups, to help secure them to the bottom of the tubs.

Is this correct so far? Excuse me if my question seems too simple to answer but I just want to understand whether or not I am getting to general concept of this dwc thing