help needed 1st grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mike Hains, Dec 25, 2007.

1. I'm in a confined growing space (large rubbermaid container) i'm guessings its about 12-14 inches high, the walls are coated with foil and i have 2 100 watt cfls, and a timer on 18-6.
    right now there are 4 plants, i know i need more lights but while they're young it will be fine for 2 100 watt cfls, right?

I have some questions;
    How do i keep the height down? (as low as possible, yield does not matter)
    Also, what is the quickest way possible to harvest? (once again, yield does not matter)

This is all for personal use.

^^^ Everything up there is hypothetical i'm not doing/growing/smoking anything illegal.

2. You need at least 2 more 26 watt CFL's (100watt output) even in the early stage they will grow to slow, as far as making your plants shorter i can suggest "topping" them on how to do this go to here: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html
    this will not only make your plants shorter but also increase your yield. (I think you will be fine for space because I don't think your going to get 100% lady's so your going to have to butcher a few males) :eek:

3. Thanks!
    What do you suggest i use to hold the lights?
    i just cut up some lamps for what i have now, but i have no more lamps to cut up.

4. Um i use clamp lamps its just a light socket that has a clamp on it so you can put it wherever then get a 2 socket adapter, so you can put to bulbs per socket i suggest getting 3 clamp lamps then 3 socket adapters so you will end up with 6 bulbs, as far as bulbs go i would use daylight CFL's you can buy everything at home depot. (i would go with at least 2, 26watt CFL's per plant, and possibly more later on depending on how many survive)

-hope this helps :eek: