Help* Need to move seedlings Inside from outdoor

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dtlslasher, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Hi, I plan on starting a grow journal for this grow soon. I have so far 30 various strain seedlings and I started them outdoors about 8 days ago and we are going to be having terrible weather very soon. How can I house these girls inside for a few days without throwing them out of whack. What type of fluorescent light can I get by with for a couple days. Also how long should I keep the lights on. The babies were receiving about 12.5 hours of light outdoor. Thank you so much for the input. Here are some pictures from DAY 4. (Today is day 8) Thank you everyone for your inputs.

Sorry, will post better pictures when I start the journal. I'll drop a link here soon. Total goal is 80-100 sweet ladies dispersed throughout 20 acres of thin deciduous forest. Using Organic DIY mix in the ground and will be adding fox farm nutes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. You want to have them growing or just keeping them awake/alive?
    For growing, MH would do the trick.(personally grew ~24 under a 400w one)
    For keeping them awake, any cheap T8/T5 fluorescent will do the job.(yeah, some people may say that they'll grow them too, but life is too short, you know..)

• Like Like x 1
  3. What do you think I should do about the light schedule? I was thinking maybe 16/8 since they have been outside since birth at 12.5 hours of daylight. I may be over thinking it. Should I run the T8 lights for longer during the 48-72hours I need to keep the babies alive and minimize growth stunts. I would like to avoid loosing any long term veg time due to changing the light schedule. I only intend for them to be inside under the T8s for no more than 72 hours. Thank you and any opinions and tips are greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. Also do you think (4) 4ft T8 bulbs will suffice for 30 eight day old seedlings. Again, thanks. This is dtlslasher, new account lol

5. Hey please keep your plants indoors. If you are only receiving 12.5 hours of light outdoors then your plants are going to begin flowering Outdoors. Use the t8s you described just to keep them alive and then in a few weeks add some cfls to the mix. Then you should be okay with keeping them indoors and they should grow okay for a while until the daylight will suffice for outdoor plants. Usually around the first of June but it could differ depending on your latitude

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/perpetual-closet-grow.1434897/

6. Also if you plan on building an organic soil. Then you will not want to add any fox farm nutrients. A good organic soil requires water and that's about it. Maybe some teas once in a while but absolutely no liquid fertilizers. You will disrupt your organic soil by doing that.

7. And 80-100 clones is a lot. Especially when you have that many seed plants. Seed plants grow bigggggg. But the more the merrier. But if you are in a prohibition state then maybe a few less plants will cause a bit less suspicion.
    I'd recommend growing 20 plants in 20 prime locations with maximum sunlight and soil conditions. You'll receive more by doing that then you will by punching 100 holes in the ground and hoping for the best.

Hope all this helps man. But either way good luck. I'm gearing up for a big outdoor season myself. 10-15 seed plants. 100 clones if I can make them and about 10 autos.

The 100 clones are set em and forget em clones though. I'll take care of the autos and the seed plants but all the clones will be planted in the ground and hope for the best. These will just be a bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's WAYYYYYY too soon to start plants outside yet...if you live in North America anyway. All you'll do is force them into seed because we don't have enough strong daylight hours yet to keep them from turning male. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm growing in the deep south. USA. I was thinking April 1st was about the right time to start. Sunrise right around 7am sunset around nearly 8pm. Will be 13 hour days soon. Thank you all for the help. How well do you think it will do to keep the babies outside from sunrise until sunset and about 2-4 hours of T8 lights for a couple more weeks? Thoughts. I'm going to start the grow journal tomorrow. I hope that you guys can bring your knowledge and company over to the journal and helped with my first official outdoor grow. I have grown indoor using rDWC one cycle 4 plants. I do not have much experience in soil and I can't wait to learn and love. Peace.

10. Keep them inside. Your in the USA. You'll flower them from seed by putting them outdoors right now. Then around June the daylight hours will reach when they should be and your plant will begin to reveg and you will end up with some terrible small yielding plants.

Keep them indoors until The first of June like you should

11. Okay. Thank you :)

12. How unfortunate. After moving the babies inside today for the storms, I left them unattended for roughly two hours and the cats and dogs had a field day. 0 survivors. Back to square 1, at least it will be better timed this go round