help...need more heat

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tagink, Mar 24, 2019.

1. First time indoor grow. Daytime running LEDS temps around 78f. Night time lights off dip to maybe 60. Is this to low. What would be best way to heat tent in basement. Just heat the room a little more during lights off? 20190226_075904.jpg

2. Can I use heating blanket under the liner to hear the floor during lights off. Only looking to gain a few degrees or so?

3. You can use one of those electric heaters that look like a radiator type heater. They don't dry the air as much. Otherwise, you could run lights at night to take advantage of the heat they throw off to combat night time temps. I run my light 5pm to 5am in colder months for that reason.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Currently running lights 6pm to noon. The noon to 6pm with lights off is when I can't keep temps. Dip 60f

5. one of these inside the tent will be just what you need to keep temps just where they need to be

• Like Like x 1
  6. i put mine in the tent/room during the daytime and turned the dial till it clicked to find the temp of the room with the lights on.

set it and forget it. nice even heat and doesnt dry out the area

• Like Like x 1
  7. Those temps sound fine to me. Not sure what the problem would be. Are you having growing problems?

8. enough nights of low temps can slow a plant down

the air may get warmed up by the lights but the pots/roots take much longer to warm

better to keep a steady temp. helps with humidity too. a quick drop in temps can result in a spike in rh esp when the lights go out

9. Agreed that steady temps are ideal but cannabis is a hearty plant and those temps shouldn't hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. won't hurt, no :)

doesn't help either :)

cheers!