Help need computer whiz

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Wizards, Dec 17, 2012.

1. When I boot up my laptop it just barely started going to a blank screen exactly like this. And it won't show my profiles? Help.? Safe mode works

Attached Files:

2. #2 420neverforget, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    What model?
    Did you install anything recently?
    Maybe remove software/bloatware in safemode, though admittedly I don't know shit about safemode.

3. Back up your imporatant files and reformat the thing.

4. Lenovo like b35

5. The welcome screen show no users at all? Not even Administrator?

6. just boot in safe mode, back up any files you don't want to lose to an external source, like an external hard drive, flashdrive or network drive, then re install the operating system, this is easy if you have the disc for it. just put it in the drive then boot up the computer, if this doesn't work you will have to change the boot order in the bios so that it will boot from the cd drive instead of the hard drive.

many laptops and pre built desktop manufacturers no longer supply a copy of the operating system or a recovery disk, and instead have it on a hard drive partition pre installed. if this is the case you will have to find out how to use this by looking in your manual, using the internet or contacting your manufacturers customer support. i can't tell you how to do this because the method varies with different manufacturers and models. (my laptop has a go back button that loads up a program allowing me to do this)

7. >OP doesn't know how to make backups

>I know! Install linux! It'll be just fine.

8. OP could easily boot a Linux live cd, mount his Windows partition, and then copy his stuff over to an external hard drive.

9. He could but making a complete switch to Linux is generally not a good idea for normal users

10. i had this problem a few times in the past on an old pc, all i did was leave it for a couple days and it started to work again but the fan was working over drive big time, but i would boot up in safe mode, start scanning, maybe try and add a guest account or a new user account and see if that comes up on boot up? then i would go from there, if nothing crops up in the scan and the guest/new user account doesnt work then i would have to say back up all the shit u want to keep and reformat it by booting from disc

11. Given certain easy-to-use distros, I'll have to disagree.

12. Until they run into an issue with something and can't find help on the internet and end up without something like a printer or wifi connection. Of course driver issues and dumb errors in most "user friendly" distros are almost inevitable, and unlike issues you run into in windows or mac os, you will most likely not find very much information if any at all, or someone who can help you with your problem.

13. [quote name='"Broseph Radson"']Until they run into an issue with something and can't find help on the internet and end up without something like a printer or wifi connection. Of course driver issues and dumb errors in most "user friendly" distros are almost inevitable, and unlike issues you run into in windows or mac os, you will most likely not find very much information if any at all, or someone who can help you with your problem.[/quote]

Ntm the many program equivalents he'll have to figure out. Yay for OpenOffice