Help! Need advice *pics*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jjng5, May 16, 2008.

1. Hello,

I have two separate rooms for my plants. I have 10 CFL's setup for my seedlings, clones, and younger veg plants and I have a closet with a 400W MH/HPS for late veg and flowering. I am having problems in both rooms for some reason. I have been growing for almost two months now and have a pretty good feel for what I'm doing. I made early mistakes and have the hang of the basics, however I am having problems again.

In my CFL room 3-4 plants are showing signs that appear similar to nute burn, however I am not using any nutes with the exception of 1/4 tsp of Super Thrive hormones per gallon of filtered water. Just recently these plants have been showing bad brown spots and even blackened leaves that appear copper-like and look to be almost metallic in color. All plants are ~2" away from bulbs, temps are 78-86F with 35-45% humidity and the soil pH ranges between 7-7.5. The 3 plants affected the worse are the ones I recently transplanted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My second problem is with my largest plant (~9-10" tall). It has never seen any nutes until my last watering. The bottom leaves began to turn yellow and I figured it was time to use 1/8 tsp. of 24-8-16 per gallon of distilled water (which is very little). The packaging calls for 1/2 tsp per gallon for indoor plants and 1 tbsp for outdoor plants. The yellowing has been getting worse among the bottom leaves and now I am noticing light brown areas on these leaves. The new growth at the top is also a paler green color and is not a deep green like some other plants. Do I need to be using more nutes or less? I have had to remove a number of bottom leaves.

Please take a look at my pictures and let me know what you experts think. I am desperate for some feedback soon. Thank you all!! :hello:

Attached Files:

• sk1.jpg
      sk1.jpg
      File size:
      143.2 KB
      Views:
    • sk2.jpg
      sk2.jpg
      File size:
      217.3 KB
      Views:
    • sk3.jpg
      sk3.jpg
      File size:
      148.7 KB
      Views:
  2. ...looks like nute burn to me

3. please get your plants out of that horrible soil

you dont want anything that is time release unless you have absolutly no choice
    some say you can use time release soil if it feeds only up to 3 months but any more than that will murder your plants

4. What are you talking about? I make my own soil to avoid chemical nutes. My soil is made up of ~1/3 Promix, ~1/3 Scotts soil, ~1/8 leaf compost, ~1/8 sand, ~1/8 perlite. I also mix in perlite into the top 1/4" of soil on the surface. I make my own natural soil to avoid nutes and to give them the best mix possible. I would never use soil with time released nutes, ever!

5. sorry, i just saw those little styrofoam things at the top of the soil and thats wut the time release stuff has in it

i think its cool that your making your own soil but do you think maybe its too powerful for these little plants?

also wut kind of scotts soil are you using and what is promix ive never heard of it before

didnt mean to bash on your soil i just thought i saw those little deathballs

also did you check the PH of your mix

6. "humidity and the soil pH ranges between 7-7.5"

yes he did

if there are any kinds of ferts in there i'd say that its too powerful for plants at that stage

although im no expert so id wait for a second opinion, does look like nute burn tho especially in the 4th pic

peace, gd luck

7. i'd probably flush them just to eliminate the possibility of it being nute burn.

8. PH 7.5 is too high for soil, which is likely causing your issues. Also 1/4 tsp of superthrive is like 10x the max dosage which probably isn't helping things.
    I'd flush the soil with some 6.0 water to get that PH in order, or transplant into some soil with a PH that's more MJ friendly.

best of luck man.. they still look good and are def worth saving.

9. The soil in it from the Promix which made me think that it was pretty balanced. I cannot understand why the pH would be high because I use all high quality products in my mix, nothing cheap. I might get some of that pH paper and double check my reading. I have not had any problems for the past 2 months prior to this week, even with seedlings and clones.

As far as the SuperThrive is says right on the label, " Quantities: 1/4 tsp per gallon, or per 4 liters. One drop per small cupful." It continues, "For daily use: One minim per gallon". I have read that others use this same amount without any trouble. I will stop using it for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again everyone. If you have any further input or suggestions, please let me know.

10. looks like a PH swing causing deficiencies to me. listen to august as well.

11. Just checked the pH meter again. Still 7.5. Thanks guys. I will keep an eye on the ones affected and trim the leaves. My other plants are doing wonderful. I am trying to get used to new strains.

Thanks