Help my WEE sick plants.....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by scotlander2001, May 24, 2004.

1. My first attempt at growing. Here's what I've got. The stems to the plants are red, one of the plants looks really poorly(sick) the leaves are yellow and drying out. Also I think my grow space is too small after looking at some of the other threads. I have just reduced the lights from 18 hours to 12 hours 3 days ago. I've been growing them for 7 weeks now, I sent away for the seeds, so I'm pretty sure the seeds were good...........................Any advice would be welcome. Here are some pics of my sicko plants.....

P.S How big a space should I have with 2 400w lamps? Also how many plants would that handle.....

Attached Files:

2. the red stem

Attached Files:

3. my sick plant with yellow leaves

Attached Files:

4. no fan? prolly got stale air in there if u haven't.. but hey, i'll leave this to the guys that know best.. my efforts are pretty poor (blush)
    hope u get sorted

5. By the looks of it they are rootbound, so get them in bigger pots. The main rule is 1 gallon per 12". And the space looks ok for a 400 watt HPS. But since I don't have much experience growing myself yet I'm not 100% sure. It's just based on the 100's of threads I read. Good luck with them!

6. Two 400w lamps would cover a 6' x 6' area optimally, but could stretch to about 8' x 8'.

The red on the stems could either just be the strain itself or possibly a phosphorus deficiency. Usually, though, if it's the nute deficiency, it's more of a purple-ish color than red.

And yes, the yellowing is because it wants more room for its roots to grow.

~Lycanthropy

Edit: In terms of number of plants, two 400w lights could handle 8-10 30" tall plants, but the space could be manipulated through methods like SoG/SCRoG/hydro.