Help my seedlings please!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tevo, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Hey guys and gals. 1st time grower here so no haters please.

Germed ten feminised AMS seeds in Root Riot cubes in a propagator.
    I am growing in a closet at the minute approximate size 3 x 2 x 5.5 with a 200w CFL overhead. Only been watering (no nutes).

Everything seemed to be going well apart from a slightly retarded plant being unable to shed the seed case. Then accidently forgot to replace the propagator lid this morning and have just returned to find some looking rather unwell. some of them are wilting quite bad and one has purplish colouring on the stem.

Ventilation is a problem in my closet and have just been opening the door to circulate. I am thinking that this is my problem but would like confirmation or any alternative suggestions.

This is my 1st post too so go easy. Any more info needed ask away.

Thanks in advance.

2. Is this hydro or soil. Do you have a ocilating fan going? What are the temps like?
    Do you have any pictures? Wilting is underwatering. Purple stems are usually just weak, but if it sticks around to long you will have a problem. Thankyoucomeagain.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

3. This is hydro. The Root Riots are basically presoaked rockwool. No fans in there at the minute. Just an open door every now and then. Bit limited for ventilation till i move them to a tent next week. Temps can be quite high at times but usually open the door for a while when they are high. Don't think its underwatering as i spray them quite often but i could be wrong. I have the door open now and a fan blowing into the closet. No pics yet Should be able to post some tomorrow. Any suggestions?

4. i stand by underwatering for the wilting. High temps, rockwool cubes and the fact that it happened when you left the dome off it happened. The heat is really what makes the diffenrce. How many leaves do they have? Its been two years since i messed with hyrdo, but it might be getting close to needing nutrients.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

5. 100% correct. They needed a drink. Thanks alot. Thought i was giving them enough. Was a bit scared of overwatering as many people have said that's what causes the majority of deaths for 1st time growers so was tryin to be careful... obviously a bitt too careful. Thanks for pointin me in the right direction. How do i start a grow journal? would prob be helpful if i post pics and stats along the way in case i have any more probs eh?