Help my plants please

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GreenThumb0, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Tryed to post pictures but it said the security token was missing? Anyone know what that means? Anyway I will try to post them tomorrow from my faster computer, this one is ancient. Growing in soil, run off was just up close to 8, flushed with ph 5 water, fertilized with age old organics (anyone heard of this? Just got it today) whatever one their veg product is, can't remember right now. Anyway, I am having problems with a few plants, some of the same problems, and some with some different ones. I am getting a tacoing of the top growth on all the affected plants, with droopy leaves. A few plants also have bottom growth that is turning very light, yellowing and very pink discoloration, with the veins not as affected. I am sure it is a combo ph problem,nute deficiency, as I hadn't fertilized beyond what was in the mix until Tuesday, I used some stuff I had on hand at that point, and the pink discoloration has gotten better since then, but the tacoing is still prominant. I forgot on one plant with pink discoloration there is also rust like spots on the upper leaves. That has not gotten worse since fertilizing on Tuesday. They are just over a month old and they are currently under about 140 watts cfls in a cabinet with no exhaust, but there is a fan circulating in there and I keep it open during the day they are on 24 hours of light. DSCF1435.jpg

DSCF1449.jpg Ok I tried again and I uploaded 2 pictures two of the affected ones. I have more if needed. There are these two affected, and two younger ones that only have the pink, it was really prominent on them, but I transplanted and they are looking better. There is also another one the same age that is having the droopiness and tacoing I have transplanted that one it looks like crap still but no pink. I have two other plants that sprouted when they did that were moved to my flower room within the last week, those look fine. Thanks for any help.

2. You can't really see the pink in these pics. It's the plant in the first pic that is getting the pink in with some of the yellowing on the bottom leaves. That is also the one with the rust spots on the upper leaves.

3. In all honesty, to me it looks like you are overwatering them.

The plant looks healthy but a bit yellow and droopy, both signs of overwatering.

I always let my soil dry out before giving my plants more water. A lot of the time you can just look at the leaves and tell that they need water.

4. Thanks for the reply. That may be, as I have been trying to correct the problem. The pictures don't do the problems justice, they really look like crap, but actually are looking better then they were, so now overwatering may indeed be my problem,lol. We'll see what happens.

5. My opinion would be as follows, The bark mulch (if pine bark) tells me it retains waterings for some time also check PH for acidic level. Repot into a bigger container and use an airier potting soil mix add Perlite. Better drainage and they need some feed quater to half strength per gallon of water of a balanced fert. 10-10-10. GooD LucK

6. Thank you very much!