Help My Plants Dieing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hatesminion, Sep 6, 2014.

1. My friend gave me this plant and it seems to be dieing I water it once a day and leave it in 100 degree weather about 7 hours

2. Too much heat not enough sun. Pics would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Too much heat, not enough light, too much water and not enough information

4. How do i delete this I accidently posted3 times my other post has pics

5. You answered your own question 100 jesus. More info please

Sent from my LG-D850 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Should I trim that dead stuff at the bottom? ?

7. Wow... Ur friend gave u this plant this far in and gave u no instructions??? Wtf? Id neva give one of my babies up like dat...

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

8. Definitely trim the dead back. I can't tell how far it goes into the plant to say hack it all out.

9. That doesn't help lol.

10. The guy I bought it from said put miracle grow
    Trimmed off the dead it went about 4 stems up, it looks droopy this sucks.

11. If anyone knows the issue I'd really appreciate it im going 4 put it under a screen tomorrow

12. #14 painterdude, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    I would get some earth worm castings and top dress it with them at about a 1/4 inch depth covering the entire surface area of soil. I have never once used Miracle Grow and don't know about it. If you have a little money get some Fox Farm Soils. Ewc is cheap. Probably like $6 for a pound. I buy big bags, but you'll only need a little so I am unsure of the price.

Are you expecting it to flower soon?

13. That plant was already in flowering and has been revegged, or had an inconsistent light schedule.  All the dead growth is the old buds that were starting, and single leaves are the first growth once a plant stops flowering and reverts to veg.  I could explain it a bit better to you but I think it would only confuse things a bit.  

I'd definitely thin it out a bit, especially in the center.  All that dead material so densely packed is an invitation for mold.  The small crap on the inside will not get enough light and will be crappy stringy buds.  I'd lose a bit, but that's up to you.

Agreed on the top dressing of EWC, and please for the love of all that is good, don't use miracle grow.

In the end there's no such thing as a free lunch.  My guess is your friend failed at flowering this, or had to get rid of it mid flower, thus the already formed buds, and the lack of quality advice given to you when you received the plant.

14. THIS ↑↑↑
    OP I suggest you start over

15. And maybe a tad bit more common sense next time meaning don't accept a plant like that again just start your own.

PS. Not meaning to be rude bro

16. #18 hatesminion, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    It was ants in the soil thousands of little reddish brown ants that frequent here. Must have been something in the soil or roots.