Help my plants are going to die

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by growall247, Jul 2, 2011.

1. I have a bunch of blue dream they have been outside about a month, they seem like they are not growing and yellow and burnt leaves. Advise to what could be going on? Please see pic

Attached Files:

2. Damn. Have you fed them at all? What is the ph of the water you are feeding? What soil are you using?

3. That leaf color and stunted growth would indicate lack of Nitrogen and Phosphorus. Have you fed these plants since you put them in?

4. More info. What soil, what nutes, how much water, ph, etc.

5. Soil is black gold, nutes are 16-16-16 slow release, water is ph of 7.0 I water every 2/3 days depending on heat. Temp has been 90-105f

6. The PH is little to high keep it at 5.5 or 6 water with rain water for 2 weeks it should come back

7. Rain water?

8. you needed perlite in the soil
    for food you could've just used horse manure/worm castings (30% total volume) everywhere and chicken manure at bottom (1/2 shovel for your pots). Water with plain water. I say transplant them in an airier soil mix with the above food available in all garden stores. Stop the liquid nutes. See 3rd link under my signature for more details.

9. Rain water has a nutrul PH so if you water with rain water , for a week then your PH will be back to normal and then take a brake from the nutriants untill ti recovers also rain water is great for plants they love it

10. #10 Freshfed, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dude you do realise he is already using neutral water... Plus in soil ph is buffered so it's not a big deal, looks to me like you put a young plant into mature plant soil... 16-16-16 is pretty strong soil feed I think? Although leaves curling under usually says ph issue, don't feed any nutrient what so ever!!!! Soil contains enough food to last em probably 5-6weeks before u need to add food.

11. yeah they seem nute burned so grt them out of there.

no burn: worm castings, horse manure, kelp, high p bat guano, ashes...

burn: dry ferts (pellets), chicken manures, place these at the bottom. POts burn easier than in a hole. But you can leech the soil by watering the nutes out or try transplanting delicately. But they need to be taken out of there imo.

12. Oh haha my bad , but rain water is better than any water , but in this case it's probaly not neccesary but i would be good for them, i have a little tray that collect it up and i just water my plants with that

13. as skunky monkey said the rain water should fix it also the buffer doesent apply to rain water as it has neutral ph lvl. and remeber because you have them in black bags the dirt will dry very fast and if its as hot as you say they could use some extra water by the look of your dirt. a good way to get rain water is put a bucket by your roof corner edge or throw out a tarp. also well water has a NTRL ph lvl and would fix it aswell well or rain water .. there the same. i use natural spring water from my reservation but when its dry i use rain. the soil where you have them is growing alot of green and looks moist ever considder puting them in the ground?

14. 1 tbsp of ebson salts in a half gallon of water will cure them. I had a hundred outdoor plants doing the same thing and was told about the salts. It worked!

15. What exactly does this do for the plant? I am curious.

16. It lowers the nitrogen. It works great. I had a hundred doing the same thing.

17. #17 Freshfed, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You mean Epsom salts? That is mainly sulphur and magnesium; so treats magnesium deficiency late in flower usually. Not nitrogen. If it was magnesium
    Deficiency the yellowing would occur between the leaf veins as well as leaf curl (usually due to top soil ph imbalance and degradation)

18. You may be right. This was about 5 yrs ago. Don't believe they were in bud tho. They looked just like his. Spoke to an old timer and was told about the salts and it worked. Was talking with a buddy yesterday who had same prob this yr and used salts with great results and his were'nt budding yet. Takes about 3 days and you see results.

19. ive seen results usin the salts this year too. works excellant!

20. It looks to me like you just took a bunch of Blue Dream indoor clones and stuck them outside in the full sun and hoped for the best. Lmk how far off I am.