HELP!!! My Plants are dieing :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by New Holland, Apr 6, 2006.

1. My plants are dieing and I don't know what to do?

Attached Files:

2. HIGH All, first I'd take the Mulch out.....what are you feeding it? How much? What type of soil?

3. Soil is potting mix. There is no mulch in it. I've been feeding them Thrive Furt 27-5-9 once a week and watering every 2nd 3rd day.

4. nahh bra,
    in the second picture there looks like there some kind of mulch in it.
    nute burn perhaps. . . . looks like crushed up leaves and pine bark with a hint of cedar

:smoke:

5. HIGH All, thanks Shouse...didn't think I was seeing things. How much you giving them? It's looks like too much. Just grow with out a feeding and hope they perk up.

6. What kind of potting mix are you using??

7. no thats not nute burn but i would remove mulch, bark inhibits growth of the plant because roots sometimes gets damaged and have to grow aruond the bark

your problem is its hungry and needs some food
    your plant is showing a nitrogen deficiency

have you tested your ph also?
    and are you using any nutrients?
    what brand of soil mixture is that?

8. Stitich,

I'm in Australia and I'm using potting soil from a well known company over here called Amgrow. It does have bark in to help with drainage. The crunched up leaves you see in the pic are dead leaves of that particular plant.

I tested the soil ph and it's at 6.5-7. Which is a little high. The ferts should bring that down to about 6 shouldn't it?. I havn't tested the ph of the water, I'd assume it's ph nutral because I'm on tank water here. So the water is ala natural.

The Nutes I'm using is called "Thrive". It has 27-5-9 NPK. I started out feeding half strength. How certain are you it N deficiency?. I can just keep feeding it and it will come back. But if it's nute burn it's only gonna make it worse?.:(

There are three large plants showing similar signs while the other 15 are smaller and there leaves are slowly turning pale green. I hope your right. I hope it's not nute burn because I'm going to feen them again tonight.

Sometime next week they will be repotted into a coco/vermiculaite mix. So the bark will be gone.

9. that is definately environment stress.

maybe pH outta wack.
    ur soil prolly sucks.
    ur water prolly sucks.
    too much of the wrong fert.
    maybe lights too close or not close enough.
    temp outta wack.
    etc...

i think its back to the library with u and try it again.

10. Stitich,

I'm in Australia and I'm using potting soil from a well known company over here called Amgrow. It does have bark in to help with drainage. The crunched up leaves you see in the pic are dead leaves of that particular plant.

I tested the soil ph and it's at 6.5-7. Which is a little high. The ferts should bring that down to about 6 shouldn't it?. I havn't tested the ph of the water, I'd assume it's ph nutral because I'm on tank water here. So the water is ala natural.

The Nutes I'm using is called "Thrive". It has 27-5-9 NPK. I started out feeding half strength. How certain are you it N deficiency?. I can just keep feeding it and it will come back. But if it's nute burn it's only gonna make it worse?.:(

There are three large plants showing similar signs while the other 15 are smaller and there leaves are slowly turning pale green. I hope your right. I hope it's not nute burn because I'm going to feen them again tonight.

Sometime next week they will be repotted into a coco/vermiculaite mix. So the bark will be gone

6.5 to 7 is fine you dont need to adjust it
    and the nutrients your using im not familar with but it sounds like its a chemical fert which is way out of balance its got to high of nitrogen

that will be good now to fix your problem, yes you do have a nitrogen deficiency, trust me its not nute burn.

you need a balanced nutrients the one your using if you use it weekly like a normal fert your plant would build up to much nitrogen and have little phos potassium even though they are in veg right now

you need something like 10 5 5 or 15.10 10 something like that

anything over a npk ratio of 20 is a waste dont bother getting it
    for bloom you need less nitrogen and more P K

newer leaves tend to turn pale green and darken up when they get bigger
    as long as its nwer leaves and newer growths are pale green thats fine
    but if they get bigger and are still pale then you may have a micro nute deficiency but right now you dont have any

you also need to make sure the nutrient you choose has micronutrients, it will list them in % on the back of the box
    and remember never to listen to the back of the box it will burn your plants
    you dont want to use any more than 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water that goes for chemical fert, the one your using now is a chemical fert

your plants are far from a lost, they are fine they just need some food